Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Hotel=Airport”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel is attached to the airport building. Breakfast is cheap, internet is free only first 30 min. To have it in your room will cost - 19 EUR. Its very high speed connection. Do not get surprised if you will not find tea/coffee station in your room. They have it on the first floor, in the hall. At the airport also you can find Schiphol Plaza - some shopping center, food outlets, and really nice Panorama View Deck. Explore it. You will love it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear CabinCrew2014,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent experience at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center.

I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us. I would kindly like to inform you that the Wi-Fi is free of charge throughout the hotel. In addition, we have a high speed Wi-Fi available at an extra charge.

Again thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

You can't get closer to the airport than this! You can just walk in with your luggage trolley from the terminal to the hotel lobby. My wife and I stayed here on two separate nights and the front desk lady who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful (keep it up!), and we felt warmly welcomed. As an SPG Platinum, we were upgraded to a large suite (two bathrooms, two full beds, large living room) during our second stay (no suites were available during our first stay). The windows in the rooms really are soundproof; we didn't hear any noise from the airport although we could see planes from our window. The breakfast in the atrium is pretty good, one of the best I've seen at a Sheraton. Overall, very pleasant and comfortable stay.

1 Thank porjotok_Boston
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
"Dear porjotok_Boston,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed both of your stays. Moreover, it is rewarding to read that you received a warm welcome by friendly and helpful lady at the front desk. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our hotel location and the upgrade to a Suite. I will share your compliments with my team and they will be delighted to hear your compliments. In closing, I would like to thank you once more for your feedback. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Connecticut
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is the third time I've stayed here, always for one night. It is a high end Sheraton, high quality hotel. It is everything I expect - large room, comfortable bed, clean, large bathroom, roomy counter, etc. The real benefit is that it is connected directly to the airport - a 2 minute walk to reception and the airport is a 30 minute train ride from Amsterdam. So super convenient for getting out of Amsterdam late and staying overnight at the airport for a early morning fight out.

My only complaints: 1) they charge for wifi (or it is "included" in a higher room rate). I think every hotel should have free wifi, standard like TV and telephone. 2) Breakfast buffet is standard selection, good quality but unnecessarily expensive.

My complaints are minor. I would very likely stay here again next time I'm passing through Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Gnolect,
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and for your compliments on Tripadvisor.
I am very happy to learn that you enjoy staying with us because of the convenience, high quality and the room’s comfortableness. I will make sure to share your kind words with the team. In addition, I would kindly like to inform you that we offer free Wi-Fi to all our guests regardless of the rate or room type. I hope we can continue to provide you with high quality services in the near future.
Until next time, I wish you all the best on behalf of the team and myself.
NYC northern suburbs, NY
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a 9:15am international flight out of Schiphol on the Sunday morning after King's Day, so we opted to move from our Amsterdam hotel to the Sheraton Airport early in the morning on Saturday which was King's Day (not wanting to be in the crowds, or risk problems getting out to the airport on Sunday, as well as to avoid getting up super early). Since it was approximately 9am, they stored our luggage and we were able to go touring for the day. The bus to Haarlem stops right outside, a quick walk from the hotel to the terminal exits. Very convenient.
Our room was very comfortable, especially the bed. We had a wonderful airport view, but were unfortunately too tired to watch the airport activity. And we did have to keep the drapes drawn, because the tour had full view of our room! The front desk forgot to mention the free airport wifi, but I overheard them telling another guest about it, so I went back to inquire about it. Only needed to check on our flight info - was too tired to do more than that, but it worked fine for me. Our bathroom had both a soaking tub and separate shower. The only issue was that the shower drained rather slowly so we made sure to not run the water for too long to avoid any overflow..
We had dinner in the Voyager Café, and the food was OK. Not great, not bad, just average. We checked out too early for breakfast, so cannot comment on the breakfast offerings.
It is super easy to get to the terminal from the hotel - just a brief walk, no shuttle required. We'd stay here again if we travel through Schiphol.

Dear themice,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you had a positive experience with us. However, I am sorry to read that some service interactions were not up to our standard. I will discuss this with our team to avoid repetition in the future. I do thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Amsterdam and also for having taken the time to share your experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We chose this hotel because we had an early morning flight to the States the following day and we wanted to be close to the airport. We couldn't have gotten any closer as the hotel in directly attached to the airport and it was only a 5 minute walk to our terminal.

I had requested a feather-free room, but we we arrived to check-in the hotel had already filled their block of allergy-free rooms. The woman on the desk could have easily covered this up by simply telling us the room wasn't ready yet since we were there before the 3pm check-in time. Instead, she admitted that didn't have any more allergy-free rooms blocked but that they would sort it out immediately and then proceeded to give us two free drinks vouchers while we waited. We were still lingering over our drinks (and a very good lunch) in the hotel restaurant when the woman came and found us to tell us the room was ready--still ahead of check-in time. All of our interactions with staff were at this level--friendly, courteous and helpful.

This room was the standard Sheraton fare, but with extra-nice amenities such as bathrobes and a shower puff. Our room was very quiet and the bed was super-comfortable. The free wifi in the room and the ability to print out our boarding passes in the hotel lobby was really appreciated. The requested wake-up call was on time and with express check-out the night before we just had to roll out of bed and head to our terminal.

Sheraton made this a pleasant, easy, stress-free stay. I have camped out in other airport hotels but this one was the best. Thanks, Sheraton! PS--the chocolate Easter eggs in the lobby were a nice touch :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Sidney_Brewer,

Thank you for your review and fantastic feedback on your visit to Amsterdam and us. We are happy to read that you had a great stay with us! Such comments certainly help in motivating our staff and more importantly assist us to provide a more personal service. Our team is always at your service to assist you with any future requests. I have shared your comments with everyone and we all look forward to welcome you again. Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This, as you would expect, is a top class hotel situated within walking distance of the main airport terminal. Great rooms, good food and excellent service. Followed up the one night stays with a business meeting the following day. The only complaint was with the Wi-Fi, its slow, drops out and you pay 12 Euro for the privilege.

Dear jim g,

Thank you for great comments about your stay at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel. I am especially glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel’s location, great rooms, good food and excellent service. We have noted that your experienced inconveniences with the Wi-Fi connection. Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced. I have shared your feedback with everyone and we all look forward to welcome you back in the near future. I hope we can welcome you again next time you pass through Amsterdam.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I recently returned from a trip to Amsterdam and have regularly used the Sheraton at Schiphol Airport for my last night stay. I also found the hotel makes a great base for day trips via rail from the airport to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague & beyond. The hotel is attached directly from the airport via covered walkway and is literally steps from the airport.

The hotel has some great restaurants, but you also have the option of dining in one of many restaurants in the attached airport mall. You can even ride the train in to Amsterdam and be dining downtown in less than half an hour.

I had a wonderful room overlooking the airport terminal and runway and I enjoyed watching the planes take off an land. The windows were soundproofed so you don't hear any jet noise or traffic. The room itself was clean, recently renovated and had both a bath tub and separate shower stall.

Best of all the staff was very warm & welcoming, which I also found when i stayed at their sister property in, the Hotel Pulitzer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear DobbeeDee,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Amsterdam and also for having taken the time to share your experience.
It is nice to read that you like the hotel location and the fact that the hotel is convenient for a transit and public transportation. In addition, I am proud to read that our staff provided warm and welcome service and you enjoyed restaurant Voyager and our room. I will definitely share your comments with our teams.
We are happy to read that you had a great stay with us! Our team is always at your service to assist you with any future requests.

Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!