“surprising convenient and nice for an airport hotel”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, New York, United States
“surprising convenient and nice for an airport hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have to be honest, at first when I admin booked an airport hotel I was apprehensive. But I felt the rooms were spacious, clean, surprising quiet (afterall its an international airport) and staff members were available, accomodating and pleasant. Not the mention it was very convenient to take the train to the countryside directly, go across the street to take the bus to Amsterdam Central. If you need to get groceries to avoid, high price-tag restaurants (for bottled waters and knicknacks), the grocery store was right at the airport. It is an exceptionally well runned airport. Bravo Amsterdam!. As an international traveler, I found it particularly convenient to not have to think about getting to the airport 2h prior to departure time. One inconvenience thing was that there are significant vendors who did not take an AmEx; which limited my spending. In hindsight, perhaps it was good as I did not spend too much $.

Room Tip: If traveling from the US, make sure your MC / Visa credit card has a microchip. Otherwise, you will...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank need2knowb4ugo
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear need2knowb4ugo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I would also like to thank you for you kind compliments regarding the room and the service. Furthermore I am glad to learn that our location with transport facilities in proximity, shops and food and drink possibilities was convenient for you during your stay with us. It is nice to learn that you have enjoyed your time with us and I have passed on your compliments to our teams. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Although this was more of a location choice, it is ideally located at the Airport and has direct train services both internally in the locale, plus high speed for visiting other countries, it is a pretty good business oriented hotel. Service in the Club Lounge was very much the high Starwood standard, with a good breakfast selection, open for coffee etc all day and evening delights from 6 - 9 with beer and wine until 11:00. The rooms are very well insulated so sound sleeping. Dining room offers good food selection but a wee bit on the pricey side. More positives than negatives, however short term only as it is rather remote.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear scouser1077,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay in The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. Happy guests are what keep us going, therefore I am glad to read you enjoyed the facilities of our clublounge. I have shared your compliments and feedback with my team. Hopefully you will come back one day, and until then I would like to thank you for caring!

Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was very convenient. We were traveling back to Canada with our two toddlers. It is connected right to the airport. The room was very quiet and everyone got a great sleep. My son enjoyed our airport view room and watched the planes take off and land. We also took the train into Amsterdam and the train station is also connected to the airport and was a quick walk from our hotel. All of the amenities of the airport are very assessable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Our room had great air conditioning which was so nice on a hot day. The airport was SO hot! It was expensive but the convenience is worth it. Wifi should have been free for the price you pay for the room. Wish there would have been a pool too.

Room Tip: A room with the airport view was fun for everyone to watch.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear CoupleofHoteliers,

Thank you for your stay in Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel and it was great to receive your valuable feedback.
I am very happy to hear about your positive experiences with the regards to the location, quiet rooms, the view to the airport, air conditioning. I will definitely share your experience with the whole team.Please be kindly informed that we do offered unlimited free internet and high-speed internet is offered for an extra charge.
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future to share further positive experiences.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed in the Sheraton at the airport. The first time was in Paris. It certainly makes it easy for arrival at the airport the next morning as you literally walk to your gate. We used cash and points so the price is right. Upon check in, they offered us at deal for 60 euros to have access to the happy hour club and breakfast the next morning. Looking back, I would not have done this again as the airport has many many places to eat and bars for a nightcap. The staff was wonderful and we had a beautiful view from our room of planes coming and going. I was surprised at how quiet it was. The only negative was the service in the actual bar where we ran into a very rude bartender.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Fan4judge,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel for your recent stay and for your valuable feedback!
It is my pleasure to learn that you found our location convenient. Furthermore, please accept our apologies for the experiences that have given you a less than satisfactory impression. We noted your feedback and be assured that is a focus for improvement. We have shared it with our F&B manager already and we are working on a plan to improve our service.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards, Kurt Renold
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have had opportunity to stay at this hotel a few times while traveling through Amsterdam on business and vacation. The hotel is attached via walkway with Schiphol Airport which makes it very convenient when you land, and very convenient checking in the next day. Although the rates are definitely not cheap, you are paying for first-class quality accommodationa and convenience. The rooms are big and comfortable, and the bar/restaurant serve excellent food and drink. I use this hotel to avoid the early morning connecting flights, to get a good night's sleep prior to the all-day trans-Atlantic flight home. There is another hotel within walking distance of the hotel and they state they are connected, but the are not! You have to go outside via elevator to get this other hotel: you do not have this concern with the Sheraton. It is truly part of the airport structure so you never walk outside and are always comfortable. I will definitely use this hotel more on my international business trips and vacation.

Room Tip: I have no idea regarding a swiming pool or spa so that accounts for my low votes on those topics: th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Thomas D,

Thank you for great feedback about your stay in our Property. We are happy that you have chosen to return to us and that again you have had a nice experience. Also I am happy to read your compliments regarding the quality of your room, the service and that the location was ideal for your travelling plans. Furthermore I am pleased that you have enjoyed your time with us and I have passed on your compliments to our teams. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitability of the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was the best experience in 8 months of travel around the world....Firstly, the staff, the comfort and convenience were unsurpassable.

Priya should be considered for a GM position, she went way out of her way to help me and was certain all my needs we're met. It feels like home here, all of the staff members are fantastic, knowledgable and accommodating.

We will be staying here as our base in between flights and journeys, and May one day have a property of our own in Netherlands.

Lovely....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Meredith M,

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. It is very rewarding to receive comments like yours, who take the time to convey their thanks to us. Our associates will be proud to hear about your impressions regarding the courtesy and quality of service. Again thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Hopefully you will come back one day, and until then I would like to thank you for caring.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 10 June 2014

the hotel is just outside the arrival gates of the airport. The reception service is fast and professional. The hotel has a good gym and a decent lounge. Wifi is free but you have to log in every 120 minutes and quite slow - but it works. The staff seems quite happy with their jobs for being in Holland where service levels sometimes can be a challenge. The Schipol airport security staff might learn a few things from the Sheraton employees.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear bulgenes,

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to learn that you found the hotel convenient due to its location. Also I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our facilities and services. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and have passed on your compliments to our teams. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!