“Convenient by the airport”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right inside the airport with big rooms and very comfortable.
Price is not too expensive for an airport hotel and being from this chain.
Will be good if internet was free.
I stay there for business most of the time.
I will recommend if you have an early flight or you don't need to go inside Amsterdam at all.

Stayed: July 2014
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Mariettata,

Thank you for your stay in Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel and it was great to receive your valuable compliments.
I am very happy to hear about your positive experiences with the regards to the location and price value. I will definitely share your experience with the whole team. Please be kindly informed internet is free of charge throughout the hotel. In addition, we have a high speed Wi-Fi available at an extra charge.
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future to share further positive experiences.

Kurt Renold

Write a ReviewReviews (2,086)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked the hotel because we had an early flight. The hotel has the best location if you do not want to risk to miss your flight.
We did upgrade our room because they had a special action, we had our room at a floor were was a special day room with free drinks.
The room was looking at the back side of Schiphol and a great view at the traffic control tower.
In a few days we will go again in the hotel, almost sure we will not be disappointed again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Lam Z,

It is a pleasure to read your compliments about our hotel, for which I would like to sincerely thank you. It is wonderful to learn that you appreciate our location, view and upgrade you did with the access to the Club Lounge. I will make sure to share your compliments with the staff.
Once more, my gratitude and I hope we will meet during your next stay in a few days.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I always book this hotel whenever I have business meetings in Amsterdam. It is very convenient as it is within the airport vicinity and just few minutes from WTC. The rooms are bit small but elegant and clean, just enough if you're travelling in 2. The beds are very comfortable, it's all that would matter after a long day anyway.
If you're on leisure trip, this is a great hotel as well as it is just 3 minutes walk from the train station and lot of dining options within the area.
One thing though, usually when I travel I always appreciate a coffee facility within the room. But here, you need to get to a different floor to get coffee which is not convenient especially for business travellers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Harlene S,

Thank you for your review and fantastic feedback on your visit to Amsterdam and us. We sincerely thank you for your kind comments regarding the location, rooms and Sweet Sleeper Bed. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and I have passed on your compliments to our teams. Furthermore I would like to inform that it is possible to enjoy coffee facilities in the room, they are our on call items. Please inform one of my team members if you would like to have one. Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is located right next to Schiphol airport - it is connected to it. This makes the hotel super-convenient to businessmen, because it takes only 1-2 minutes to get from your room in this hotel to the airport. The hotel itself looks great, the staff members are friendly and very helpful, and the breakfast served is great too. However, while staying in this hotel for 2 days , our room was not being taken care of. This was pretty odd for us, staying in a hotel yet not having the beds made or the towels replaced..? Only after asking the reception to send someone to attend the room, was the room cleaned. In conclusion, this hotel is very good and convenient,

Stayed: July 2014
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mark F,

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. It is great to take part of your feedback and it makes me especially happy to read about our staff. Your comment is very rewarding and will certainly help in motivating our associates. On a less positive hand, I am disappointed to learn that you did not receive any housekeeping service, which does not reflect our service standard. Thank you for having drawn my attention on that matter which I have already discussed with my team. I really hope that you will choose to stay with us again very shortly, our team is always at your service to assist you with any future requests.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Connected to the terminal, the Sheraton has a almost control tower view of the runways but without the tinyest noise. This is the perfect drop-in hotel. I think it even has a day-only rate, ideal for a hub airport with gaps between long-haul flights.

The staff seem absolutely aware that there are cheaper alternatives nearby and really seem to want to try hard to be friendly and efficient.

I had a standard room which was fine. It has a large fridge, trouser press, iron and board. Large bathroom with both tub and shower. Clean, completely sound proofed from the corridor. Air con is silent and effective. Very comfortable bed. Usual desk with all the plugs and a seating area with table. Room service was good enough for this class of hotel.

I really couldn't find anything wrong with it. Glad i checked with Trip Advisor and didn't book the Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RadfordJones
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear MerlinSpitfire,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. Our goal is to always to offer the best possible service and it is great to read you felt well taken care of during your stay. I have shared your nice comments with everyone and we all look forward to welcome you again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our visit to Amsterdam was short but sweet as a part of my wife's birthday celebrations. We have stayed at airport hotels at Schipol before which were much cheaper but decided to pay extra for what we hoped would be a superior hotel. We were not disappointed. The welcome we got was warm and friendly to start with. We had booked a Club Room for the added comforts and the room was superb. A view over the runway, the most comfortable hotel beds we can remember, not a sound from outside, a good size bathroom with quality toiletries and access to the club lounge. We took advantage of the evening snacks which were more than adequate - so much so that we didn't want a meal at night! There was a good range of complimentary drinks that were available until 11pm so we used the lounge rather than the bar. Breakfast could be taken in either the lounge or the restaurant. The restaurant offered everything you could want but the lounge was more than adequate with hot and cold breakfast items and so much more laid back. You could take items and drinks from the lounge to your room if you wanted to - in all great experience with friendly staff everywhere you went. The hotel even provided us with a complimentary bottle of prosecco to celebrate my wife's birthday - another welcoming touch to make this hotel one of the best we have stayed in. We will definitely pay the extra and use this hotel again again the next time we are in Schipol - oh and as everyone says you are so close to the airport and the trains so completely hassle free. Our compliments to everyone connected with the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the supplement for a club room on a high level floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RugbyfanDewsbury
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear RugbyfanDewsbury,

Thank you very much for your kind response and compliments about our hotel service and facilities. I am thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us during your trip. I am also very glad to notice that you started your journey in our hotel with warm and friendly welcome followed by visit in restaurant Voyager and Club Lounge. Especially I am glad that we could provide you with personal touch. Your compliments will be shared with all employees and I am sure they will be proud to hear.
Thank you again for sharing your honest feedback with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

If you need to stay near to the airport this is the best option. Yes is more expensive but it worth ever cent. Facilities are great , good bar and restaurant options, quality of food is awesome but overall on this quick trips the most important is the service and this staff is just perfect.

1  Thank Epeniche

Dear Epeniche,

Thank for your compliments and for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay here at our hotel. I love reading your review; satisfied guests are what keep us going. It is nice to read that you like the location and that you found our facilities great, bar and restaurant good and awesome quality of food. Especially I am glad to read that the service is very important to you and you found our staff perfect; I will definitely share your comments with our teams. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Kurt Renold

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!