“A short but very pleasant stay!”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A short but very pleasant stay!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I did spent a weekend at Sheraton Amsterdam at the airport which is perfectly located and did enjoy my stay. The room was spacious, very clean and despite some reconstruction going on at the hotel staff was very helpful in finding a very quite one in the 8th floor. All Front Office staff were very professional, polite, smiling all the time and helpful. Always proactive and ready to assist me with every enquiry I had. I did not use the hotel facilities very much but did enjoy everything including the service and food at Runway Cafe. They do make great cafe latte and serve great food too. All the staff at Runway Cafe were one step ahead, anticipating every need I had and very polite.
You travel to a stead for business or leisure I strongly suggest to stay at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Illyrian14
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Illyrian14,

I would like to express my gratitude for taking the time to provide us with compliments.

It is a sincere pleasure to learn from your comments that you have had several very good experiences with us. I will make sure to share your compliments with the teams regarding the helpfulness, politeness, smiling and the level of service. I hope we can provide you with many more similar convenient and up to standard services.

I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ridgewood, New Jersey
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,683 helpful votes
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Last night we again stayed at this hotel within the Schiphol (Amsterdam) Airport since we had an early flight out this morning. Our check-in was handled by Carola who was absolutely fantastic. I never saw anyone smile so much for so long. We checked in at the SPG Gold/Platinum desk and the process was quick and efficient. No long lines, as there often are here for check-in. Our reservation called for twin beds because no kings were available when I made the reservation, but Carola arranged for us to have a king bed. I am entitled to either extra Starpoints or free wi-fi due to my status as a Gold member, and my wife and I could not agree on which to take. Carola arranged for us to have both, something that had never happened before in our many stays at Starwood properties. That really made our day! When we came down for dinner at their restaurant (The Runway Cafe--see my review elsewhere on Trip Advisor), Carola was on duty there and gave us one of her patented smiles when she saw us. Also, about a half hour after we checked in, Carola phoned us to ask if everything was OK, or if we needed anything else. Now, that's service! The room was very quiet despite the fact that we overlooked the airport runways and there was construction work ongoing at the hotel. Many hotels claim to be soundproof, but this one really is! The room was clean and comfortable, including the bed. We like the "heavenly beds" at Sheraton so much that we bought one for our home a couple of years ago. We are definitely Starwood people, but I get the impression that the personnel here are this nice to all their guests whether or not they are high in the Starwood guest program. There is absolutely no chance that we would ever stay at any other hotel at Schiphol. Sadly, I neglected to take contact information for Carola, since I want to give her a Starwood "You Made My Stay" thank you card, so if anyone from the hotel reads this review, please look at my check-in information to retrieve my email address and contact me so I can follow through on this and provide her with the code number of my thank you card. If not, then I will say here "Thank you, Carola, for making our stay so pleasant."

Room Tip: Ask to have a room looking out onto the airport runways. The take-offs and landings provide a wonde...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LWL3333
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear LWL3333,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay in The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. Our goal is to always offer the best possible service and it is great to read you felt well taken care of during your stay. Furthermore I would like to thank you for your compliments regarding Carola; I will certainly pass on your compliments to her. I am glad to read that Carola surpassed you expectations and made your stay a memorable one. Regarding the Starwood Thank you card, I was informed you are already in touch with our front office department.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and have passed on your compliments to our teams. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcome you back to the warmth and hospitability of the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed on an overnight business trip. The welcome was far from welcoming and the receptionist gave me the impression that a guest is more a nuisance than a valued client (i am a gold SPG member). Location is great with direct access to the terminal. Parking is also very convenient directly under the hotel. The room looked nice but the AC unit did not work, resulting in a 28 degree room. Maintenance came quickly to resolve the problem. Check out was prompt but cold. The hotel has a number of good points but service wise I feel they can still improve considerably.
Good for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vogelsv
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear vogelsv,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your stay here at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. First of all I would like to thank you for being our Starwood Gold Member. We have noted that your experience did not meet with all your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced regarding the welcome, air conditioning and service. Rest assured that we have taken note of your comment to resolve the service issue you experienced.
On the other hand, I am happy to read that you found our hotel and parking location convenient. Furthermore, it is my pleasure to read that maintenance came quickly and resolved the issue.
Besides this experience, I hope you will give the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services on a future occasion.

Kurt renold
Bay Area Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We frequently travel through Amsterdam as our preferred route between the Middle East and the USA as the long haul, direct flights, are just too much of a good thing for too long. During our visits to Amsterdam we have stayed at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport on many occasions. There is a simple reason. This is one of the best airport hotels in the world.

We are planning a visit to Amsterdam in early October and have already booked to stay in the Sheraton Airport for our entire week in the Netherlands. The hotel is in the center of everything. There is great shopping and eating all under the one roof of the airport complex. The trains, buses and taxis in Amsterdam all start and end at the airport. You never have to leave the confines of the airport to board a train to either take a rapid trip into the city center or travel almost anywhere in Europe with a start and finish right at the door step of the hotel. When you arrive, the hotel is a few minutes walk from baggage collection and when you are ready to depart, the airport departure terminal is just across the street.

The hotel itself has everything a traveler could ask for as far as comfortable rooms, great beds, large comfort areas to relax in and in room entertainment and food on a 24 hour basis. The hotel lounge (this is an SPG Property) is well stocked with food and drink and open from early to late while also providing daily newspapers, computer access with Wi-Fi (also in the rooms) and the hotel staff are friendly and accommodating to almost any travel requirements that may develop.

The rooms are clean, almost always available on arrival (based on availability but I have never had to wait for my room for more that 1 hour when I have had one of those early, early morning arrivals. And here again, the desk staff and management are always accommodating.

The hotel has an excellent restaurant and serves several local dishes that do truly, make your mouth water. Excellent choice of wines and a very comfortable cocktail bar in the restaurant area.

Forget staying downtown. Stay at the Airport Sheraton, travel by train or bus to the city when ever needed and be rested and ready for a comfortable, non rushed early morning departure without the bother of getting to the airport on time. You are already there and ready of a great trip home.

Room Tip: Always request an upgrade for the room (especially if you are an SPG Member). The management and st...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick R
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Patrick R,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. It is great to take part of your feedback and it makes me especially happy to read about or staff and how you experience our guest services. Our associates will be proud to hear about your impressions, and I most certainly will share your positive comments with everyone.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back early October. Until then I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We flew into Amsterdam, arriving around 7 pm and had a flight the next morning. We'd booked this property based on its presumed proximity to the airport, and were not disappointed. It is right inside the terminal, with very good signage to lead you to the entrance. Wedebated about room service vs the casual or "fine dining" restaurant, and decided on casual. One oddity - the room service menu features wine that can only be ordered if you are sitting in Fine Dining area...which is literally across a room divider from casual dining. Just a bid odd, but oh well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Linda H,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay in The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your experiences with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our location near the airport. I have shared your feedback with the related department. Hopefully you will come back one day, and until then I would like to thank you for caring!

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A very shirt walk across the bus stops from the airport arrivals.

Building work going on below reception on the conference floor but has little impact on stay. Food is still available via the cafe

No pool but theres a gym and steam room

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bowsaw
Dear Bowsaw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us, and that you enjoyed our location near the airport. I am happy to learn that the construction work did not affect your experience with us. I hope you have plans to return to us one day

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Staying at this superb location makes you almost forget you are at the airport! We selected a Club-level room which comes with breakfast and high speed internet. The rooms are immaculate (and I am very picky) as are the bathrooms. Every Guest services request was attended to within minutes. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant is wonderful with unlimited choices and excellent service. It would suit business travel perfectly with meeting places, etc, but also worked extremely well for my jet-lagged little ones for the last week of our trip. There are family suites which were unfortunately booked but would work very well I think. There is no pool, but the amenities were such a welcome treat we didn't care. You can simply skip downstairs to the train station to travel directly to Amsterdam. And if you have an early flight out of Schiphol it is essentially an elevator ride down. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend to business and family travelers alike. Special thanks to the lovely Club staff and Carola!

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the airport are nice, but not essential.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Hopeful20142014,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay in The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. We are happy to read that you had a great stay with us! I have shared your nice comments regarding our location, rooms and guest service with everyone. Again thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself

Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!