“Nice hotel, courteous staff and excellent location”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hotel, courteous staff and excellent location”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Sheraton Amsterdam Hotel is a great hotel with very comfortable rooms and is located just a 5 minutes walk out of Schiphol airport. The rooms are excellent and the salmon in the restaurant on the ground floor was great.

The basement is currently being renovated but guests barely feel the difference. I recollect the basement previously being a breakfast area.

The price is a little more than the Hilton which is about a 10 minute further walk ahead.

Had a great stay here and look forward to visiting again.

Munir Daya

Room Tip: Guests prefer rooms facing the airport.
1 Thank Munir D
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Munir D

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us here at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. Thank you for your nice compliments regarding the quality of your room and our location. I am looking forward in welcoming you here once again.

Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I just looked at my credit card statement online and was charged over $40 for internet fees and was only on logged on for 15 minutes. We did an express check-out but no bill was sent to my email address. As well, the shower would not drain in our bathroom. Not impressed.

Room Tip: Don't log into the internet here!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lycos
Dear Lycos,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your stay in our hotel. I really appreciate your constructive comment, as it allows us to improve the overall guest experience. I am disappointed to learn that we were not able to impress you during your recent visit to our hotel. I would like to apologize for the problems you have encountered regarding the drain in your bathroom and for the fact that you did not receive a copy of the bill via e-mail. The situation you described does not reflect the service we pride ourselves with. I kindly would like to ask you to contact our front office so that we can retrieve more information regarding your previous stay. Despite your experience, I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Amsterdam to show the values we truly stand for.

Vilnius
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have stayed in this hotel only for a one night in the beginning of, but I am still under impression from this hotel!
First of all check-in was perfect - quick and easy with staff's good mood sharing - remarkable hospitality:) We were kindly warned re reconstruction works in the hotel and noise that might bother us. Later we did saw these works, but we do not head a single sound in our room - soundproof of the hotel is just excellent!
Our room had astonishing runway view! Exceptional cleanliness of the room and bathroom (shower and bath tub). Very comfortable bed!!!
Club Lounge is quite spacious and again with helpful and smily staff. When we heard the phrase that from 6 pm there will be "some snacks" we didn't realize we would have a "richest night buffet" there with salads, meat, fish, deserts, drinks and etc.!!!
We didn't get into the Restaurant in was closed, but in the bar we found a separate room served as in restaurant and we had an outstanding dinner with excellent service and perfect meal.
Breakfast - this is what I call "separate story"!!!:) The choice - simply unbelievable, quality of food - the best of the best :) And, honestly, we had a filling that each of us has its own waiter who permanently was taking care of us: if we have enough coffee, tea and etc.:))) Thank you, girls!
Besides all above mentioned hotel has easy access to any transportation: plane, train, bus...
Dear future Guests, don't make a problem on the hair you find on your towel or something broken in the room - just ask for the replacement, hotel's stuff is so much in love with its hotel they will eliminate any arose problem in a few min!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the runway view! :)
1 Thank SnowGirlVilnius
Dear SnowGirlVilnius,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. It makes me proud to read your lovely compliments regarding our hotel facilities and location, and I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our associates which I have shared with them. We do thank you for having chosen our property for your stay in Amsterdam and also for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I hope you have plans to return to us one day, until then I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

An excellent airport hotel, very clean with spacious rooms on the SPG floor. We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise.

There is an excellent bathroom and the room has free internet and an ironing board. Very pleasant staff who get the cases up to the room very quickly, and were good when it came to getting travel advice. There is coffee from a machine on this floor available.

It is accessed from the terminal via a ramp and is well positioned for a flight or rail travel into the city or elsewhere. The buffet breakfast was very good and the bed was extremely comfortable with no noise. Well priced compared to hotels in the city centre.

1 Thank HabLeaf
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Hableaf,

We would like to reiterate our appreciation for your time in sharing your rewarding commentaries with us on Trip Advisor. It is very thoughtful of you and I love reading your review. I am happy to read your compliments regarding the quality of your room, the service and location, which I have shared with all teams. Again thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I really hope that you will choose to stay with us again very shortly.

kuala lumpur
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Convenient transit hotel if you have a next flight to catch in day or two , hotel is just a few steps away from the arrival hall . I had to stay here longer, few weeks on a business trip . Staff are great, helpful, always accomodating. Check in time is 3 pm but i arrived early and requested if they could just check me , said can't guarantee and subject to availability- i got my room around 11 am! . thank you for that!
They could do some improvements on the bathroom though, toilet bowl looks a bit old with permanent stain in it ( it's clean, just some permanent stain due to its age i guess).
Buffet breakfast has more choices than the other hotels ( i checked out what they have in hilton and novotel where other colleagues were staying).
Easy access to tranportations , well it's in an airport after all. Train station is just a few steps away , 9 euro return to Amsterdam central.
Would recommend as a transit hotel, but not if you need to be near the town where all the actions are. Well it's an airport hotel, airports are usually away from the city centre got to understand that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lalagoh
Dear Lalagoh,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your stay here at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. We sincerely thank you for your kind comments regarding the location and the fact that our hotel is convenient for a transit. Our goal is to always offer best possible service and it great to read you felt well taken care of during your business trip. Furthermore I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our bathroom facilities. I will definitely discuss this with the related departments. Hopefully you will come back one day, and until then I would like to thank you for caring!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in anticipation of an early flight. Serves its purpose of being directly connected to the airport in a 5 min walk distance. Good size rooms, nice bathroom. Excellent view of the airport. The bar area looks impressive although we never used it. Complimentary tea/coffee stations on certain floors. They also have a trousers presser in room which is quite interesting. Staff is considerate about a quick check out process as they know most guests are on a hurry to catch a flight or train. We were worried we were charged twice for the stay - once from the 3rd party site and once directly from hotel, and expressed our concern before we left. Staff told us to catch our flight first and promised she will take care of it. I'm glad it turned out fine, but we also never knew if we were double charged in the first place.

The hotel isn't cheap for its location (very far from city centre), but it's probably the best option if you want a comfortable, hassle free, stress free night of stay to catch a flight the next day.

• Stayed August 2014
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Jessica L,

First of all, I really appreciate your kind words here on Tripadvisor regarding the hotel’s services, amenities and location. It is our pleasure to have provided you with the adequate service which led to a good overnight stay. However, I am sorry to learn that you could not find out regarding your charges for the room. Nevertheless, I am happy to read Front Office associate rapidly took care of this issue.
It would be an honor to welcome you back soon.

With warm regards,
Danville, California, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

stayed one night before trip home to states. checked in late (as per usual) and Anne at front desk spoke the magic words "the rollaway bed is already in your room for your daughter" she kindly interacted with my daughter asking her what Dutch words she learned and quickly called Jeroen to help us with our (many) bags. room was spotless with shower and tub. yes sure it's the airport - but I slept well and am ready to face the long flight home. normal internet in lobby and restaurant is complimentary for 2 hours. enough time to catch up on emails and write this review. some construction impact on the ambiance but minimal noise.

Room Tip: my daughter liked looking out over the main terminal lights.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia T
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Patricia T,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how you experienced your stay here at our hotel. Our goal is to always offer best possible service, and it is great to read you and your family felt well taken care of during your visit. I am proud and delighted to read that Anne and Jeroen provided you with the service you deserve. I will most definitely share your compliments with our front desk manager. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!