“Good again, but a bit mixed”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed here twice on separate occasions this month. This is a very good hotel, but I have a couple of complaints, 1. I paid extra for airport view room but on my second stay, the view was hardly of the airport at all. I just had a poor, narrow view between two buildings. I could have complained but decided not to. 2. Over the two trips I had three breakfasts, but the breakfast buffet food was not at all hot, each time: all of it was lukewarm. I hope I'm not fussy about food, but it was consistently not good enough.

On the other hand, the room was great as always, very clean and comfortable. And the front desk check in staff are superb, very professional and quick, I think they must have had really good training. So as I left the hotel I forgave everything.

1  Thank uktraveller t
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear uktraveller t,

I would like to reiterate my appreciation for your time in sharing your rewarding commentaries again with us on Trip Advisor.

Once again, I am delighted that you found the hotel very good. On the other hand I am sorry to learn that we could not meet your expectations regarding the breakfast and the view from the room. This experience you describe is not the level of service we pride ourselves with. Please kindly be informed I will definitely follow up on this with the related department heads.

On the positive hand, I am proud to read that you found the room clean and comfortable; especially I am glad to learn from your compliments about the superb front desk experience. Your compliments will be shared with all employees and I am sure they will be proud to hear.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitability of the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

As far as airport hotels go... it ticks most of the boxes. Had dinner in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised... considering the culinary drivel the Netherlands has to offer. The rooms are more akin Hilton Double Tree than SPG.. i.e. good without the flair. Stayed in a room overlooking the terminal and planes. Prices pretty decent with last minute bookings, so book in advance. Staying here for 45 nights over the next 2 months...so will form a better view then.

Room Tip: Upgrade for breakfast and wifi, cheaper than paying €29 for breakfast and €19 for wifi.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear SJHItaly,

Thank you very much for your kind response and compliments about our hotel service and facilities. I am thrilled to hear that you had a good experience with us during your trip. I am also very glad to notice your visit in restaurant Voyager was surprisingly pleasant and you enjoyed our room with great view over the terminal and planes. Your compliments will be shared with all employees and I am sure they will be proud to hear. Furthermore, I am glad to learn that you will stay with us more often upcoming 2 months and we can not wait to provide you with personal touch.

Until the next time wishing you a great day!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Sheraton Amsterdam Hotel is a great hotel with very comfortable rooms and is located just a 5 minutes walk out of Schiphol airport. The rooms are excellent and the salmon in the restaurant on the ground floor was great.

The basement is currently being renovated but guests barely feel the difference. I recollect the basement previously being a breakfast area.

The price is a little more than the Hilton which is about a 10 minute further walk ahead.

Had a great stay here and look forward to visiting again.

Munir Daya

Room Tip: Guests prefer rooms facing the airport.
1  Thank Munir D
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Munir D

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us here at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. Thank you for your nice compliments regarding the quality of your room and our location. I am looking forward in welcoming you here once again.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I just looked at my credit card statement online and was charged over $40 for internet fees and was only on logged on for 15 minutes. We did an express check-out but no bill was sent to my email address. As well, the shower would not drain in our bathroom. Not impressed.

Room Tip: Don't log into the internet here!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lycos

Dear Lycos,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your stay in our hotel. I really appreciate your constructive comment, as it allows us to improve the overall guest experience. I am disappointed to learn that we were not able to impress you during your recent visit to our hotel. I would like to apologize for the problems you have encountered regarding the drain in your bathroom and for the fact that you did not receive a copy of the bill via e-mail. The situation you described does not reflect the service we pride ourselves with. I kindly would like to ask you to contact our front office so that we can retrieve more information regarding your previous stay. Despite your experience, I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Amsterdam to show the values we truly stand for.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We have stayed in this hotel only for a one night in the beginning of, but I am still under impression from this hotel!
First of all check-in was perfect - quick and easy with staff's good mood sharing - remarkable hospitality:) We were kindly warned re reconstruction works in the hotel and noise that might bother us. Later we did saw these works, but we do not head a single sound in our room - soundproof of the hotel is just excellent!
Our room had astonishing runway view! Exceptional cleanliness of the room and bathroom (shower and bath tub). Very comfortable bed!!!
Club Lounge is quite spacious and again with helpful and smily staff. When we heard the phrase that from 6 pm there will be "some snacks" we didn't realize we would have a "richest night buffet" there with salads, meat, fish, deserts, drinks and etc.!!!
We didn't get into the Restaurant in was closed, but in the bar we found a separate room served as in restaurant and we had an outstanding dinner with excellent service and perfect meal.
Breakfast - this is what I call "separate story"!!!:) The choice - simply unbelievable, quality of food - the best of the best :) And, honestly, we had a filling that each of us has its own waiter who permanently was taking care of us: if we have enough coffee, tea and etc.:))) Thank you, girls!
Besides all above mentioned hotel has easy access to any transportation: plane, train, bus...
Dear future Guests, don't make a problem on the hair you find on your towel or something broken in the room - just ask for the replacement, hotel's stuff is so much in love with its hotel they will eliminate any arose problem in a few min!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the runway view! :)
1  Thank SnowGirlVilnius

Dear SnowGirlVilnius,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. It makes me proud to read your lovely compliments regarding our hotel facilities and location, and I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our associates which I have shared with them. We do thank you for having chosen our property for your stay in Amsterdam and also for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I hope you have plans to return to us one day, until then I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

An excellent airport hotel, very clean with spacious rooms on the SPG floor. We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise.

There is an excellent bathroom and the room has free internet and an ironing board. Very pleasant staff who get the cases up to the room very quickly, and were good when it came to getting travel advice. There is coffee from a machine on this floor available.

It is accessed from the terminal via a ramp and is well positioned for a flight or rail travel into the city or elsewhere. The buffet breakfast was very good and the bed was extremely comfortable with no noise. Well priced compared to hotels in the city centre.

1  Thank HabLeaf
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Hableaf,

We would like to reiterate our appreciation for your time in sharing your rewarding commentaries with us on Trip Advisor. It is very thoughtful of you and I love reading your review. I am happy to read your compliments regarding the quality of your room, the service and location, which I have shared with all teams. Again thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I really hope that you will choose to stay with us again very shortly.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Convenient transit hotel if you have a next flight to catch in day or two , hotel is just a few steps away from the arrival hall . I had to stay here longer, few weeks on a business trip . Staff are great, helpful, always accomodating. Check in time is 3 pm but i arrived early and requested if they could just check me , said can't guarantee and subject to availability- i got my room around 11 am! . thank you for that!
They could do some improvements on the bathroom though, toilet bowl looks a bit old with permanent stain in it ( it's clean, just some permanent stain due to its age i guess).
Buffet breakfast has more choices than the other hotels ( i checked out what they have in hilton and novotel where other colleagues were staying).
Easy access to tranportations , well it's in an airport after all. Train station is just a few steps away , 9 euro return to Amsterdam central.
Would recommend as a transit hotel, but not if you need to be near the town where all the actions are. Well it's an airport hotel, airports are usually away from the city centre got to understand that.

1  Thank lalagoh

Dear Lalagoh,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your stay here at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. We sincerely thank you for your kind comments regarding the location and the fact that our hotel is convenient for a transit. Our goal is to always offer best possible service and it great to read you felt well taken care of during your business trip. Furthermore I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our bathroom facilities. I will definitely discuss this with the related departments. Hopefully you will come back one day, and until then I would like to thank you for caring!

Kurt Renold

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!