“Very convenient short stay”

Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We staid in this hotel for only 1 night but this time was enough to make a very good impression on us. A perfect place for those who have to travel further from the Schiphol airport. The double room we had was very functional and a great value for the money we paid. There were everything (and even more) needed - haid dryers, iron, water boiler, very comfortable bed, warm floor in the bathroom. There is a mini swimming pool there with warm water. Good for relaxation after a flight or working day. There is a free shuttle bus going to and from the airport...Probably the most comfortable hotel I have ever staid in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Ms. Olga,

Your positive feedback is much appreciated. We do our utmost to serve the guest in a great environment and I am pleased to hear those efforts pay off.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,262)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for four days for business conference. I like the hospitality the staffs offered during my stay from the early morning I arrived at Schiphol airport and took the shuttle to the hotel. The driver was helpful and it took only 10 minutes to arrive at the hotel. I arrived early and as per requested, they gave me early check in room. On my last day, I needed to send some documents to my country and the staff was also very helpful to accomodate that.

The other thing that I like is the gym and spa facility. The latter was very nice with different type of spa are available that comforted me during my stay. I initially did not expect much from the restaurant buffet or in room dining. However I found it reasonable except that we must pay extra for in room dining and on Sunday all the restaurants are closed.

Unfortunately the air conditioner did not work during my stay. As it was hot during my stay, I must open the window to get fresher air in late evening or early morning.

However overall stay is slightly better than just average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Mediko,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your last stay. We appreciate your positive words about the hospitality of our staff.

I am very sorry to hear that the air conditioning was not working. Please contact Front Desk next time so we can prepare the air conditioning or we can change your room.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, amazing breakfast buffet, super deluxe beds for a good night sleep after a long day of meetings and trainings. I would highly recommend it for all business related overnight stays! The staff is extremely nice and qualified. All rooms very clean and silent.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lupitateresa
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your attentive words and the time you took to share them with us. It is very nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please be ensured that we will take up your comments for further encouragement of the team.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a great place to stay when arriving Amsterdam. Every 30 minutes there is a shuttle to and from the airport. The rooms are modern and well appointed, with no aircraft noise! Several dining options including a garden terrace. Dining reasonably priced for an airport location. Staff efficient and pleasant to deal with.

Room Tip: I liked the 5th floor best
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Maclead,

Thank you very much for your positive review. Your compliments will be shared with all involved departments.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed three nights at this hotel. The shuttle ran regularly from the airport and it was a quick ride to the hotel. We had paid the extra for an "executive" room whereas our relatives chose the less expensive "superior" room. We could not see any significant difference between the two rooms so if we were staying here again we would book the less expensive room. The rooms were extremely quiet and had very comfortable bedding, so we were very comfortable. The staff were very pleasant to us, but we found that the concierge on duty could not answer our most basic questions about activities in Amsterdam so we were left to sort things out for ourselves. We had one bad meal in the bar (one doesn't expect sharp bones in tuna salad!) but the server was very apologetic and helpful about this. A subsequent dinner in the restaurant instead of the bar was better. The breakfast was costly but had a large selection and was very good. Overall, we thought that this was a good airport hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your attentive words and the time you took to share them with us.

I will make sure your comment about the concierge is shared with the involved department as with this information we are able to maintain the quality of service we aim to provide.

Furthermore, I would like to explain to you about the differences between an executive room and a superior room; The rooms sizes are exactly the same but the Executive room offers extra amenities like: a filled minibar which is included in the Executive room rate, a Nespresso coffee-machine available free of charge. We also offer extra amenities in the bathroom and an umbrella, bathrobes and slippers.

I trust to have informed you sufficiently and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

After a 3 1/2 hour delay and then cancellation of our flight, United put us up here for the night. After a difficult day, I was skeptical about what we would be getting for our free hotel voucher. What a pleasant surprise this was! An elegant, high-end hotel with many good amenities. I started to get even more hopeful upon realizing that this is where many of the airline employees and flight crews regularly stay.

The front desk staff was very accommodating; when the first room they gave us had twin beds pushed together, we asked for a double bed, and they found us another room. The room was a good size, with desk/chair, lounge chair, good closet space, and a great bathroom. The bathroom even had heated floors (loved this!) and a speaker so that you could hear the TV! Nice decor, and very clean!

There was a dinner buffet for all of us who were stranded from this large cancelled international flight; good selection of foods, and nice decor, with candlelit tables and a nice courtyard view. The staff seemed to go out of their way to be helpful; I'm guessing that they are used to handling frazzled and exhausted travelers who have been rerouted here due to cancelled flights. We were even able to do laundry in their convenient laundry facility (we had run out of clothes, since we thought we were going home that day). They even have an early breakfast (starting at 4:30 am) for those needing to get to the airport for early flights. When we needed to get a shuttle prior to their usual shuttle start time of 6:00 am, the staff arranged a special shuttle for a few of us who needed to leave by 5:30 am.

Overall, this hotel made up for the lousy experience of having a cancelled flight. The staff really know how to please and be helpful, and the accommodations are upscale. This hotel is not near the city center/canals, and we hoping for one more night in the city - we were initially disappointed by that, but for convenience to the airport, it made sense.

1  Thank Dreamer1999
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely words and feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I am happy to read that despite of being stranded you had a lovely stay at our hotel. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the involved departments. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having had our flight home to England cancelled by British Airways we were not in the best frame of mind when we arrived at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel at Schiphol. However, we have to say that all the staff, in the reception, at the bar and on the shuttle, did all they could to make our overnight stay a pleasant one. We stayed in room 303 and the facilities were first class. I can thoroughly recommend the Steigenberger to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear David,

Herewith I would like to thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!