All reviews shuttle service free shuttle superior room business hotel great room excellent stay business trip short stay large bed an early flight one night stay an overnight stay yogurt airport amsterdam train euros
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Excellent service - which makes all the difference. Room modern and clean and reasonable size. Soap and shampoo from bottle on the wall rather than the usual small units.

Only negative was that the scrambled egg tasted of powdered egg.

Restaurant fairly acceptable.

Excellent location for the Eurostar being right next to Brussels Midi station.

But dont plan to catch a taxi from the station. Queues can be 30 minutes. Always preorder.

Room Tip: There is no pool. I couldnt remove the rating once given.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Heafod
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I thought I was going to be staying at a Radisson; this is a bucket shop version although there is no way of telling that from the write-up on Expedia. It is basically a converted office; converted into a second rate hotel. I am sure its great for leisure trips or if you're on a budget, but for business travel it is just not mature enough. No room service. Wi Fi didn't work. Tea and coffee in rooms but no milk. No food after 10 pm, despite being told that the restaurant would still be open, so had to trek over to another hotel after a 10 hour flight. Took a 50e deposit off my credit card for mini bar - which didn't exist. The food was good but served in a 'restaurant' that was more like a factory canteen. Topped off by missing my transfer to the airport because the bus does not actually come to the outside of the hotel, but to a road 100 mtrs away. The receptionist had a good laugh at forgetting to tell me that. As far as I am concerned this means that the name 'Radisson' on Expedia is now no longer trustworthy - it may be a great hotel, it may be a converted office like this one. how are we to know?
So my staff and I will no longer be using Radisson hotels.
Director, FTSE100 Company.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 13_DBLE
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I loved this hotel. I've read reviews by others who complained about everything but, for 2 adults, it was great. I also would not hesitate to bring my kids here.

The hotel has free shuttle service to and from Schipol airport. Although, there are 2 'blackout periods' everyday when drivers take their meal breaks we never encountered a problem with needing a shuttle at this time. The shuttle travels to 2 hotels and this one is the second stop. It stops at an actual bus stop just downhill from the parking lot in front of the hotel (the hotel is located in the middle of an industrial park and is not walking distance to anything, you'll have to rent a car or rely on the shuttle to get you back to the airport to take the train to downtown from there... the airport terminal is also the train terminal which was very convenient). I've read complaints about the drop-off/pick-up point not being immediately in front of the hotel but it was a short walk (1 minute) up a parking ramp to the entrance which, for two able bodied adults, was not a difficult task even with suitcases.

Check-in/check-out was super fast with 2 automated kiosks (it required you to scan your passport and credit card for incidentals and then gave you a print out with your room number and your electronic key card), in addition the front desk also had 2 attendants if you needed assistance and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Yes, you need to use the key card to use the elevator and to enter your room; some consider this a detriment, I consider this a good security feature. The hotel was large with long hallways and there were no automatic 'door opening buttons' if you were traveling with someone with a disability or someone who might have difficulty with opening the doors but, I'm sure if you asked the staff for assistance you'd receive it.

The room was large with a very comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom. We had two walls that were entirely windows and (although the view was not spectacular in the industrial park) we loved the natural light. The room had a safe, which we did not use, but you could if you wanted to at no charge.

There was free WiFi in the rooms and it was a very good speed, you could upgrade for a cost of 7 Euros for 3 days for up to 4 devices for your room.

Breakfast was pricey at 13.50 Euros so we opted to eat in town.

Overall, a great stay in a great hotel. I would definitely go back whether just the two of us or with kids.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel was very good but the location is in the middle of nowhere. You have to catch the bus to the airport and then transfer by train into the city. The hotel is in a business park about 20 min from the airport and there is absolutely nothing else there. No place to walk to accept around a lot of parking lots. I stayed because I had an early morning flight but don't stay here if you want to spend time in the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David1101
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel is far away from the Airport. The last hotel bus leaves (11:45 PM) earlier than other hotels such as ibis. Beware it leaves earlier than 11:45. On top of it we were given wrong bus information by the receptionist and wasted time waiting for the bus at schipol which does not comes there. We ended up getting a cab and payed 20 euro.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business