“Great hotel, but the restaurant is awful”

Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larbert
Welshpool, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, but the restaurant is awful”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Good stay, comfortable and quiet, but the bar and restaurant are diabolical. The food was very poor quality, the lack of anything that resembled a decent pint and the Rock band blaring out in the bar was awful.
Breakfast did not improve and the quality of the ingredients left a lot to be desired. Coffee was instant and the general care and hygiene was very poor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
nadine p, Manager at Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thankyou for your review regarding your recent stay with us at Falkirk/Larbert PremierInn.
Your feedback is important to us and i am delighted you had a comfortable stay.

Thankyou for you comments regarding the restaurant next door. This is not a Whitbread run establishment but i will ensure that you feedback is passed on to the company responsible for this establishment.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Renfrew, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here following a family wedding at the nearby Glen Bervie. The hotel was very clean and tidy, with very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay over in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Falkirk/Larbert PremierInn.
I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us.

Your comments will be appreciated by all our team members who are commited to giving our guests the best possible service.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff. The Outside Inn next door was good. It had a holiday atmosphere with artificial trees and houses around the restarant. Had our dinner there. A carvery roast dinner was delicious and really good value.

• Stayed September 2013
nadine p, Manager at Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We’re so pleased to hear that you had such a good stay with us here at Premier Inn Falkirk Larbert and we do hope to see you again in the very near future. I have also passed on your comments to the restaurant next door.Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I spent a week at this hotel as my mother was in hospital near by. My room was a Premier Inn room which was the same as all others I have stayed in. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and had everything I needed.
The breakfasts at the Outside Inn next door I have to say were far better than the hotel I paid far more for for two days and were really good. I liked the self service option as you can have what you want and there plenty of it should a large eater need it. I was there for over a week and I really can't see why anyone could complain about it. My breakfasts were all fab here!
I would recommend the hotel to anyone as their staff were lovely. I am quite a fussy person and I found nothing that anyone could possibly complain about! Hence five stars and well done Larbert Premier Inn, I will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jacqueline C
nadine p, Manager at Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Falkirk Larbert Premier Inn. Your feedback is very important to us and I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay.

Your comments will be very well received by all our team members as they are committed to giving our guests the best possible service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The check in process took us 35 minutes and was very frustrating. The noise inside and outside keeps you awake all night especially friday and saturday nights. The bed had fleas and the room was very cold and not adequate heating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John W
Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service.

We are sorry that your room was cold and you did not have a comfortable nights sleep. We provide instructions for our heaters in the room but if these did not help I can only apologise.

Regarding the bites you received, please be assured that we take the standards of cleanliness in our hotels very seriously. I have not been made aware of this issue prior to now and I will ensure external contractors are bought in and immediate action will be taken.

I do hope that our assurances have put your mind at rest and that you will continue to choose Premier Inn again in the future.
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Room is what you would expect of Premier Inn. Staff very friendly and helpful. Take note though, the adjacent eaterie will not be available as a meal deal for evening meals. Breakfast is but you'd be advised to seek alternative eating. The OutsideInn, adjacent to the Premier Inn, well, I was brought up to say if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

• Stayed September 2013
nadine p, Manager at Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at Falkirk Larbert, I am pleased you found the hotel and team to your liking.

Thank you also for your comments regarding the adjoining restaurant. This is not a Whitbread run establishment, but we will ensure that your feedback is passed to the company responsible for this establishment. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Over three nights stay we experienced the Police being called to the bar. Cooked breakfast unavailable next day(due to manageress detained with Police all night following previously mentioned events - this according to morning restaurant staff). Being shouted at by bar staff, who then walked off. In that case the other staff members response:"She's often like that"! Though Premier Inn have a good hotel here the bar/restaurant drags them down.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank EamMau
nadine p, Manager at Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Larbert
Best Western Park Hotel
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Airth Castle & Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel? Share your experiences!