“Grins at Glenbervie”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Larbert
Glenbervie House Hotel
edinburgh
“Grins at Glenbervie”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I was here for a family wedding. Stayed at Airth Castle so cant comment on rooms but those who did stay seemed to think they were great. When we arrived we were surprised at having to join a queue for the bar which was so long you could hardly get in the door! Turned out that the drinks on arrival had been forgotten about and there were put out later to sit forlornly on the side dresser. Also the original part of the hotel smelled strongly of damp. Now it had been raining a lot over the weeks although luckily this was a gorgeous summer day. Think the owner needs to deal with that smell!
The venue for the meal etc was beautiful and everything went smoothly from there. Food was good and staff attentive. As it was so sunny we spent a lot of time on the nice outside terrace but not sure how it would be if it was wet. Evening food served outside as well. There are 2 bars in the room and only 1 opened at first which meant long queues. 2nd one helped. Drinks not as pricey as at some venues I've been too this year. All in all everyone had a great time and apart from a few niggles I think the venue did a great job, helped by fantastic weather! Disabled toilet on ground floor but no lift to bedrooms.

Room Tip: Hotel only has a few rooms so book early if you are staying. Rooms overlooking golf course at back r...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank scotconnect

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I attended my friends wedding here in april and stayed over after reception. Could not fault hotel at all! The setting was perfect and very glamorous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Our wedding meal was delicious and not rushed.
I would definitely recommend this wedding venue !!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sa_hunter2011
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Went to a friends wedding this week. Firstly seemed a nice venue. Went a bit down hill from there.
Service was really poor 1 barman for 70 guests!!!!...
Food was ok except the main meal which was clearly reheated. Service during the meal wasn't very good. This hotel is supposed to be 5*. I would push for a 3*

Didnt see any rooms so can't comment on that...

• Stayed June 2012
, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
I am Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of The Aurora Hotel Collection. We would be very interested to hear more about your experience and would appreciate it if you could email me on isla,macfarlane@aurorahotelcollection.com so we can talk futher. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards Isla
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I can easily understand why this hotel has had some good reviews and won some awards - it was a perfect hotel for my friends wedding and we all had a Wonderful day. I liked the setting, the sweeping drive, beautiful grounds, the building, the furnishings, the attention to detail, the staff, and the service. The food was the nicest I’ve had at a wedding – quality, taste and presentation, when it can sometimes be a bit mediocre and the evening buffet was superb.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan S
Glasgow
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here for a wedding and although the location and wedding was wonderful we were shocked by our accommodation. Our room was £170 and for that price we would have expected more. Firstly, the tv didn't work. It was 2am before we discovered it and I was not going to get someone up to look at it at that time in the morning. Secondly, the bed side lamp did not work. Thirdly, due to the food running out at the evening buffet I was hungry, but the problem was there were no snacks in the bar and no room service. I had to feed my baby in the disabled toilet (running up and down those stairs with a baby every two hours would have been too much) as there was no where else to go downstairs. It isn't very accessible for disabled customers and/or families with children. I would say the food at the wedding and the breakfast was outstanding (once the waiter at breakfast got my order right! Husband had finished his before I had even received mine as he had given the wrong order) I could not fault the wedding but I was really disappointed with the poor quality of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Mhairi26
, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
I am Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of The Aurora Hotel Collection. We would be very interested to hear more about your experience and would appreciate it if you could email me on isla,macfarlane@aurorahotelcollection.com so we can talk futher. However, should you wish not to contact me on this occasion please do contact me if you would like to book again at Glenbervie House Hotel and we will endeavour to make your stay/meal a more enjoyable experience. Kind Regards Isla
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Glenbervie House Hotel was a beautiful setting for our son's wedding on Saturday 31st March 2012. The hotel staff were so helpful, the meal was delicious and it was lovely to have the place to ourselves for this special day. The drawing room is the perfect place for a wedding service and as it was a sunny, spring day we were outside for the photographs. |The hotel rooms are very comfortable with large picture windows overlooking the peaceful countryside and the Ochil Hills beyond. The flowers were stunning from "Flowers by Carolyn" High Street Linlithgow. The whole family thoroughly enjoyed their time at Glenbervie and we highly recommend this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank trumpet167
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Was at Glenbervie last night for my daughters wedding dinner, absaloutly outstanding. Food superb, staff exellent, Jan was very attentive. My family and I visit restaurant and venues all over Scotland, but this is the Jewel in the crown, thank you for making it a very friendly,and welcoming evening . I can not wait till the wedding day if last night was anything to go by. This has been my second visit. Well done

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Francesrose186534
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larbert
Airth Castle & Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Glenbervie House Hotel? Share your experiences!