Glenbervie House Hotel
Grange Manor(Grangemouth)
US$126
US$123
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel(Falkirk)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$143
  • Pool
Helix Hotel(Grangemouth)
US$113
US$97
All reviewscoach housewedding venuedaughters weddingran like clockworkhot tubstunning venueamazing weddingbridal suitefrom start to finishgreat portionsrooms are beautifully decoratedwedding receptionspecial thankslovely groundshouse is beautifulspecial occasionfollowing morning
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We recently stayed here on the day of our friends wedding.
The hotel is situated in beautiful grounds and as it was sunny we were lucky enough to be served drinks and canapes in the gardens. Inside there is a spacious room with comfortable seating for drinks too. The room that was used for the reception was large and had lots of natural light. Food was delicious and staff very friendly. We were really surprised by the drinks prices at the bar, they were really reasonable.
On check in the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge, nicely decorated and very clean. One thing we noticed though was although the mini bar had bottles of coke etc. in the fridge there was no bottle opener!!!
At breakfast there was a choice of yoghurts, cereals and fruit juices as well as a menu for cooked breakfasts.
On check-out the staff, again, were very friendly. The room cost £170 which was good considering we were staying after a wedding although I'm not sure I would come to Glenbervie and pay £170 if I wasn't attending a wedding there. I'd maybe be looking for a pool etc.
All in all a great wedding venue with beautiful surroundings and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank glasgow1Glasgow
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My partner and I recently spent the night at Glenbervie for the wedding of a close friend.

The hotel is beautifully appointed in its own private grounds and we found all areas of the building to be finished to a high standard with beautiful furnishings and decor - it's a wonderful location for a wedding. The staff were all very welcoming, friendly and couldn't have done enough for us - even in the early hours when the party hadn't quite drawn to a close!

The food was excellent - drinks and canapés were served as guests arrived, the main meal was delicious and beautifully presented and in the evening there was a buffet for guests with a BBQ which was a nice touch and most welcome. The prices at the bar were also quite reasonable and guests had the option of charging bar tabs to their room which saved having to carry a wallet about.

The room was beautiful, spacious, well equipped and finished to a high standard. There was even a selection of complimentary soft drinks in the mini-fridge which was again a welcome surprise.

The only things I would note about the room were that whilst the bed was very comfortable, it appeared to be two single mattresses pushed together. Also, I couldn't seem to find any plugs at the same height as table areas in the room which was a bit of a pain when I wanted to make a cup of tea. For £170 a night I don't really expect to have to boil the kettle on the floor!

These were only minor gripes as the truth of the matter is that you don't spend that much time in the room anyway. We were able to see a number of other rooms that our friends were staying in and they all were finished to the same high standard.

Breakfast in the morning was again of high quality with a selection of juices, cereal, yoghurts, preserves and pastries followed by a choice of cooked options. The staff at breakfast were very friendly and made sure we were stocked up with fresh rounds of toast and hot drinks.

Overall, we were very impressed with the Glenbervie and would have no hesitation in recommending it to family and friends. A beautiful venue, great staff and some wonderful memories of a special day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank purplegrum
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I was here for a family wedding. Stayed at Airth Castle so cant comment on rooms but those who did stay seemed to think they were great. When we arrived we were surprised at having to join a queue for the bar which was so long you could hardly get in the door! Turned out that the drinks on arrival had been forgotten about and there were put out later to sit forlornly on the side dresser. Also the original part of the hotel smelled strongly of damp. Now it had been raining a lot over the weeks although luckily this was a gorgeous summer day. Think the owner needs to deal with that smell!
The venue for the meal etc was beautiful and everything went smoothly from there. Food was good and staff attentive. As it was so sunny we spent a lot of time on the nice outside terrace but not sure how it would be if it was wet. Evening food served outside as well. There are 2 bars in the room and only 1 opened at first which meant long queues. 2nd one helped. Drinks not as pricey as at some venues I've been too this year. All in all everyone had a great time and apart from a few niggles I think the venue did a great job, helped by fantastic weather! Disabled toilet on ground floor but no lift to bedrooms.

Room Tip: Hotel only has a few rooms so book early if you are staying. Rooms overlooking golf course at back recommended (hearsay)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank scotconnect
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I attended my friends wedding here in april and stayed over after reception. Could not fault hotel at all! The setting was perfect and very glamorous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.Our wedding meal was delicious and not rushed.
I would definitely recommend this wedding venue !!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sa_hunter2011
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Went to a friends wedding this week. Firstly seemed a nice venue. Went a bit down hill from there.
Service was really poor 1 barman for 70 guests!!!!...
Food was ok except the main meal which was clearly reheated. Service during the meal wasn't very good. This hotel is supposed to be 5*. I would push for a 3*

Didnt see any rooms so can't comment on that...

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I am Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of The Aurora Hotel Collection. We would be very interested to hear more about your experience and would appreciate it if you could email me on isla,macfarlane@aurorahotelcollection.com so we can talk futher. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards Isla