“Lovely building and great venue, just not very clean.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glenbervie House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Larbert
Glenbervie House Hotel
“Lovely building and great venue, just not very clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a beautiful building and perfect for weddings and receptions. The happy couple had no problem with their room but some of the guests had problems with cleanliness in the rooms. Our room was the worst. We had noticed a musty smell when we first entered that was covered up with air freshener, we found in the morning that the sink leaked when it was used and dripped on my bare feet. The trouser press was off the wall and propped up against the wall with the screws hanging out the wall, I noticed the dust and plaster from the wall had been cleaned away. In the morning I found a pile of hair and crumbs behind the bathroom door that had been missed when the room was cleaned and checked. Now lacking confidence with the cleanliness I found the bath was dirty and I had to clean it before we could bathe our daughter. The duty manager did not seem surprised when I informed her of these issues and gave me the bogs standard response to the maintainable issues and got angry at me when I complained about the dirt in the bathroom.

The food was good. I ate every fork and spoonfull but there were guests that were not happy with the reheated main.

Fortunately the newly weds were well looked after and their day was a happy one, which was why we were there.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Andrew696
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
I am Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive of The Aurora Hotel Collection. We would be very interested to hear more about your experience and would appreciate it if you could email me on isla.macfarlane@aurorahotelcollection.com so we can talk futher. Should you not wish to contact me at this time, please contact me should you wish to book again with The Aurora Hotel Collection. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards Isla

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Was at a wedding at this venue on Friday 14th September 2012. It truly is a perfect setting.
The staff were very efficient, knowledgeable and happy to help.
Food was excellent and the wedding went without a hitch.
Took a look at the bride and grooms room, they were delighted with it, very luxurious and sumptuous.
The venue itself is a beautiful property, with internal walls taken back to the original stone, wooden floors and truly stunning view over the surrounding parkland. The garden area is fantastic for wedding pictures/function pictures.

All in all had a great day at the wedding and would happily recommend this venue.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We had an amazing stay at the Coach House, the house is beautiful, stunning scenery, very pleasant and helpful staff. Love the hot tub & facilities in the house. I didn't want to leave, I will definetly go back in the future. I also was able to view the bridal suite in the hotel and thats as amazing as the Coach House!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rebecca_M10
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Prior to booking Glenbervie House, we were well aware of the venue and what we could expect from what can be considered one of the best in the country - we weren't let down!

The dedicated organisation team including Shona & Leslie were a pleasure to work with in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding and did everything they could to accommodate our special requests. Their communication in the final stages of our preparation was excellent and put our minds at rest that the wedding would go smoothly - big thank you!!

I would recommend booking the Coach House, which is an amazing lodge on the Glenbervie estate, for the night previous or after a wedding, also!! It's a stunning place to invite all your friends and family to extend the celebrations, and provided a great place for my wife to get ready on the morning of the wedding.

Jan Gunn ran the show on the day behind the scenes and was absolutely amazing, everything was completely taken care of for us from the moment we arrived from bacon rolls for the groomsmen whilst getting ready through to the full running of the show!! Jan was complimented on the day by Chris Bautista as our MC. I requested Chris especially to MC for us, and he didn't let us down! He added the personality and professionalism of a man who's done this many times!!

The meal and evening BBQ buffet we enjoyed at the wedding was fantastic, and the compliments we've received from all of our guests have been resoundingly positive. Having worked in the industry for over a decade, it was hands down the best food I’ve ever seen and eaten at a wedding. The Head Chef Scott Dewhurst and his team outdid themselves!! Along with the highly efficient and friendly service from all of the staff I couldn't find a fault at all, which is unusual :)

I think breakfast is a matter of opinion in hotels, and I personally would prefer a buffet style, however the staff were more than happy to refill plates as many times as you'd like, and I know a couple of guests took full advantage of this to soak up the previous days indulgences!!

Thank you again to all management and staff at Glenbervie House, a true credit to a stunning venue!!

Room Tip: A view of the golf course is good for your guests however all the rooms are stunning and well equipp...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Spent an overnight at a wedding. Lovely hotel (family room) very spacious, helpful staff and a good breakfast. Good venue for anyone thinking of using it. Could do with new signposting to get into venue as roads have recently changed.Recommend it

Ailsa 123

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

Went to glenbervie for a wedding. We also stayed the night. The food was ok but not spectacular, the breakfast in the morning was tiny. During the wedding there were long waits and hardly any bar service, it was lucky we had a room well stocked. As a wedding venue the setting is nice but poor organisation let it down.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ally_Bally13
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Attended a wedding here on August 17th and was extremely impressed not just with the venue itself, which is stunning, but also with the friendliness, efficiency, and professionalism of the staff. Food can sometimes be a hit or miss at weddings, but the food here was absolutely fantastic, really well cooked and presented, hats off to the chefs! All the other guests seemed equally pleased with everything and it made the day extra special.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steven M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larbert
Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan

Been to Glenbervie House Hotel? Share your experiences!