“Perfect Day”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Larbert
Glenbervie House Hotel
Polmont, United Kingdom
“Perfect Day”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had out wedding here on 6th May 2013 and expected a few hitches, but happy to say that there were none, and if there was no one noticed. We had afternoon tea served to our guests before the wedding service to stave off hunger. (I had a champagne afternoon tea in the bridal suite with my bridesmaid while getting ready and watching the guest arriving, it was lovely). The evening meal was fantastic and the waiting staff could not be faulted, very polite, quick and professional. Following the meal staff had the dinning room turned around for the evening entertainment in no time at all.... Breakfast was outstanding.
Well done to all the staff and a big thank you to Shona who made sure that all the details for the day were in order.

Room Tip: We didn't like the glitzy style of the Bridal Suite so gave it to our best man and his partner w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Helen M
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
First of all congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your Perfect Day. We were extremely pleased to hear that your day went so smoothly and that we ensured that you had the best day of your life! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed here at the end of Jan 2013 for my sister's wedding. I found the staff to be friendly, welcoming and attentive. I loved that we had exclusivity of the hotel for the weekend. Our room (10) was large, bright, spotlessly clean and comfortable. No complaints at all. Breakfast was excellent and freshly prepared to order. Only the availabilty of a continental breakfast lets it down but then they were only catering to our family. I agree with others regarding the bar prices, they are shockingly high. However do what every other Scot does at a wedding and take a hip flask! My sister provided bottles of juice for the children and these were kept behind the bar and dished out when they wanted them.
All in all the day smoothly, to time and staff were always on hand to ensure that we were ok.
I dropped a star because we weren't able to book in advance to stay the Fri night just incase the hotel recieved a wedding booking. In the end the hotel was empty the night before but we still couldn't book a room? Still if you like tradtional, decked out in tartan type hotels then you can't go wrong here!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences of Glenbervie House Hotel. We are extremely pleased that you sister chose our Hotel and that it was a day enjoyed by all. I have noted the point you raised regarding your Friday night stay and the drinks prices and will forward them to the General Manager. However, over all it sounded a fantastic weekend. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Scotland
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have had the pleasure of attending Glenbervie House on two occasions for weddings almost exactly a year apart at the start of December both times. The house was decorated in the most beautiful Xmas decorations and was oozing with elegance. On the most recent occasion we had the pleasure of staying overnight as well. GH is very comfortable, easy to access and a great choice of venue for people travelling from every location. The food is fantastic and drink selection is very good. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and elegant. Only a couple of minor complaints- If you pull up in a car and have to walk across the chipped road it is very dirty so beware! I also have to agree with a recent review where it states that the bar prices are inconsistent. And the bar staff aren't very good at making cocktails. Great place though!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of a wedding at Glenbervie House Hotel. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us and that on your second visit you were able to experience staying over in such a beautiful property. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Attended a wedding here. I agree that it is a nice venue but felt that the attitude of the manager was to make as much money as possible out of the bridal party and guests.

Some of the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful whilst others left a lot to be desired.

Bar prices were expensive and the cost of a glass of white wine varied during the evening between £5.75 and £7.50 for the same wine and same size of glass.

My daughter couldn't stay in the room she had booked as her three year old autistic child was unsettled. They still charged full price for the room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hutchbo
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
As you can imagine, I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Glenbervie House Hotel. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Isla.Kerr@aurorahotelcollection.com or 0844 800 4000. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed one night for a wedding and was glad to leave the next morning as the hotel had a damp MUSTY smell throughout the hotel.We found room 5 very cold with one small heater to heat the room and as for the bathroom a small towel rail to heat a large b/room.To boil a kettle you have to take it to the opposite side of the room and boil it on the floor due to lack of wall sockets.During breakfast we had to ask for orange juice and make your own toast and never at any time was asked if we wanted a pot of tea or coffee.We found the staff not very helpful as everything seemed an effort and frighten to ask for anything.I would not rate this a 4 star hotel as i have stayed in better 2 stars !!

Room Tip: dont stop keep driving
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank wignelson22
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
As you can imagine, I was very disappointed to read the review of your stay at Glenbervie House Hotel. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Alloa, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The Glenbervie provided the ideal location for our daughter's wedding on 9th of March 2013. From the first meeting we knew we had made the right choice. This is a beatiful building with excellent overnight accommodation. My daughter was offered every courtesy and the whole process of planning was flawless. When we arrived on the day, all our requests and wishes were fulfilled beyond our expectations. The tables and decor were all as my daughter requested and the meal was perfect. The staff were professional and courteous. All their hard work meant the Bride and Groom could relax and enjoy their perfect day. As Father of the Bride I cannot thank all the staff enough.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ian P
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of Glenbervie House Hotel. We were absolutely delighted to read your comments about your daughter's wedding. It is such an important day for everyone and we feel very honoured to have been a part of such a wonderful event. I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to one of the Aurora Hotel Collection very soon. Kind Regards Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We had our wedding here in October 2012 and it was simply fantastic. A huge thank you to all of the staff at Glenbervie who made our day so special. It was raining, but the beautiful interior of the house meant that we still had a lovely backdrop for our photos. The meal was simply stunning and we still have friends and family raving about it. The bedrooms are, and I quote, "out of this world". Very luxurious and a highlight for our close friends and family. Thank you all again for your wonderful support and to help make our wedding day fabulous.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Glenbervie House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Glenbervie House Hotel. We were extremely pleased to hear that your wedding day was everything you hoped it would be and that you have been left with wonderful memories! I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larbert
Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel
Best Western Park Hotel
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan

Been to Glenbervie House Hotel? Share your experiences!