““ IDEAL STOP-OVER FOR THE AIRPORT “”

Road Lodge Airport Cape Town
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Goodwood
Reviewed 2 September 2013

When you need to overnight in Cape Town before catching an early morning flight out the next day the Road Lodge at the airport is the ideal place to stay !!
It is reasonably priced, the rooms are clean and functional although small , ie there is a comfortable bed , good hot shower, TV, cupboard, writing desk and telephone and the best part is that the terminal building and car hire returns are just a 100m or so away from you .
In addition they serve a more than adequate breakfast from 7am -10 am at
only R 65 per person .
Being at the bottom of the scale in the “ City Lodge “ group of hotels one did “ expect the worst “ but the above shows that even this 1 star hotel can surprise you and IT DID !!!!.
The room IS small, but as stated, for 1 night there is everything that you require and the convenience cannot be beaten .
Well done to the Road Lodge !! We look forward to visiting again .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank billdelange
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thanks so much for your kind review - we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The rooms are fine, though not as nice as they appear in photos. It's a short walk to the car rentals, but if you arrive at night, you should probably take an overpriced taxi the three minutes away. (R150=$15). Breakfast was surprisingly good, with a free paper and muffin take away. There weren't any shampoo and conditioner bottles in the room, but the staff had a shampoo packet (but not conditioner) at tge front desk.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank CEMcCarthy
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The is a very basic hotel and we expected that. Everything was up to our expectations. Our room was small and rather dated but clean. If you're taking an early flight, this is probably the only hotel close to the airport. Otherwise, try to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anton K
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel - glad you liked the convenience.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I arrived late at the airport and my customer unfortunately decided to book me in here.

Book was fair, but the room was just grim really. The bathroom suit would look good in an episode of George and Midred, but not to my taste.

The breakfast was probably the best redeaming part of the whole stay, not great or anything. But at least edible.

I assume it was cheap hence my client booked me in there, and the location would be excellent if you had an early flight. But I wouldn't stay there again,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your review - we are a budget hotel so we do not offer the space, features and facilities of the other brands in our group - but we do believe that we offer excellent value for money.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel smells terrible. When I got there my booking had not been received. I asked for a higher level but got a floor room. When I was taken to my room the entire floor smelt of dirty sweat and the room I was given was the worst. I discovered it was the cleaner on the floor and she was following me all over...arghhhh I still cringe at the smell.
I complained and was moved to another room. Did not smell as bad as I tried to keep this woman out of it!! Getting back from a walk later... (Keeping in mind this is a non-smoking room) I wanted to lie down for a bit... the bedding smelt of old smoke and the spread they have over the bed had not been cleaned in many a year!! I am having the most awful time of it as I cannot go anywhere!!!! The gentleman at the dest was nice enough when I called but did not offer any surface spray or call anyone to come and help a bit... WHAT A DISGUSTING EXCUSE FOR A HOTEL!!! THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE CLEANED BY CLEAN PEOPLE!!!!!

Room Tip: There are no higher rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank moonlioness
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel - we are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience - we will certainly look into your complaints.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We were there for two days, before leaving South Africa. It's not great to visit the city, but absolutely close to the airport.
They were very helpful and because we continue sleeping even with the phone call, they came to knock on the door to be sure we were OK"
Only bad thing, noise isolation. First night, a saturday, a child was running in the hallway at 11pm and it was like it was in my room...

Room Tip: Not too close to the front desk
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MChouinard
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for your comments - we hope you enjoyed your stay in South Africa.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The Road Lodge is within walking distance of the terminal and all rental car return sites. The rooms are adequate for an overnight or extended stay. Although there is no restaurant on site, fast food is available at the nearby BP service station/quickstop and there are vending machines in the lobby. Reasonably priced restaurants of all variety are available in the airport terminal. Unlike airports in the states, food and beverage at the airport does not cost an arm and a leg. Staff were courteous and helpful. Although the lodge is located on a major road, it was quiet and traffic did not pose a problem. This is a sister property to the upscale City Lodge and Casino located a few miles away and staff were helpful setting up a reservation for the evening prior to our departure from country.

Room Tip: Due to the reasonable price and proximity to the airport I would recommend an advance reservation to...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rudder H
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you so much for your comments . We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again at one of our hotels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goodwood
Hotel Verde Cape Town International Airport
#111 of 203 in Cape Town
Sea Point Inn
Sea Point Inn
#170 of 203 in Cape Town

Been to Road Lodge Airport Cape Town? Share your experiences!