Road Lodge Airport Cape Town
  • Restaurant
US$113
SA Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Island Club Hotel & Apartments(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$111
  • Pool
US$188
Colosseum Luxury Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$154
Century City Hotel(Century City)(Great Value!)
US$205
  • Breakfast included
US$118
US$93
  • Pool
All reviewsbp garageshuttle companyrooms are basic but cleancovered walkwaystop gapgreat stopoverlate arrivallong flightovernight stoponward journeycape townbeef sausagebathroom showerrental carnight's restsecurity guardsafe parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I, a VP, was informed by my Company that they required my presence in CT from 13-16 Apr '14. Being an Aviation Company, situated at CT International Airport, the Lodge was conveniently situated and "cost effective". The Capt of one of our aircraft stays there on a regular basis.
I was, however, sceptical having read some of the unflattering reviews on Trip Advisor. I, nevertheless, decided to accept the arrangement.
I must say that the "negative reviews" do not do the Lodge "justice", in my humble opinion. I was pleasantly surprised by the high "quality" of my experience there. The receptionists, who varied during my stay, were exceptionally- friendly and helpful and made one feel "quite at home". Nothing I requested, was "too much trouble" and I was assisted with pleasing - efficiency, cordiality and with a friendly smile. That was "Customer Relations" at its best!
A "classy touch" was the very fancy bowl, with juice, at the entrance, which one could enjoy on arrival. I was even allowed to take the elegant glass-full to my room.
Bearing in mind that this is a Lodge and not a hotel, the self-service breakfast is "simple", yet varied sufficiently to cater for all tastes, in my humble opinion. The "Espresso/coffee machine" provides all manner of coffees to cater for most tastes, I believe,--something I haven't experienced in the bigger, City Lodges I have stayed at.
The room I stayed in was a single room and was more than adequate for my needs. Towels were changed every day as were other toiletry requirements, albeit some "very simple" sachets of shower requirements. The rooms only have showers but being a Road Lodge, extended stay is, usually not envisaged.
On the "downside", the are no lifts, so the physically disabled or aged, must rather select a room on the ground floor as there are three storeys in the Lodge. The Lodge does, however, cater for the physically disabled. Further, there are no- lunch, dinner or "bar" facilities. They do have a fridge where one can, "self-service", purchase soft drinks and beer. The airport is, however. close by, where more substantial cuisine is available. Taxi's are freely available to transport one there, if required. There is also a cafe, Wild Bean, adjacent to the hotel which serves light meals, etc, should one require such. The aircon is also "noisy", but being a cooler time of the year, I did not need to utilise it continuously. Management can, perhaps, address this.
I must say that I "enjoyed" my experience at the Lodge, more than at some City Lodges I have stayed at and will stay there, again, without hesitation, if necessary.
JOHN. 16 apr '14

Room Tip: Ground floor if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank John S
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for the comprehensive review. We’re happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your experience at our hotel. We will look into the issue of the noisy aircon that you have raised. We can’t wait to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed 1 night as our flight came in late and we didn't want to drive to our next destination in the dark.

In my opinion it was an average hotel, perfectly adequate for 1 night as we only wanted a bed to sleep in after a long flight.

Room was basic but clean and adequate and breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We’re pleased to hear that you found our hotel adequate for your needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had to stay overnight so that we might pick up a house guest at the airport. Reception was not that efficient and not that informative. Room was tiny and poorly furnished. No bath just shower stall. Bed was one of the most uncomfortable I ever had to sleep in. Room was on 3rd floor no elevator? Breakfast was included in a buffet style with little or no choice. What there was, was mediocre at best. We made a big mistake in thinking all we wanted was a room for the night. What we got was less than the comfort we would have sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: There is another hotel further up the street and still facing the airport, I can't remember the name off hand but it was Green something because of the eco friendly set up. More money yes but well worth it. Modern good size room with all comforts. Good restaurant and bar food selection and service above par! I believe it was just opened in Aug of 2013
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for the review. We apologize for that the reception wasn't informative. This is a matter we will look in to. We believe that the rooms are reasonably sized for the price charged and the location offered. Please be aware that Road Lodge is the budget brand within the City Lodge Hotel Group and we believe it offers excellent value for money within its market sector.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed. The rooms have been revamped recently and are very clean and neat. For the cost, the value one receives is outstanding. Breakfasts are also more than acceptable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Johan J
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for the amazing review. We are pleased hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Although our room was small and the amenities rudimentary, we found these adequate at the price. The proximity to the airport was the primary reason for this choice of hotel; I can't see any other reason to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Airport Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you soon.