As always on my reviews: You will find this little peace of heaven at
18° 4'37.96"N / 102°45'7.67"O
This Hotel is located 43km (31miles) from Playa Azul and about 70km (53miles) from Port Lazaro Cárdenas. There are some points at the road that are under construction, but most of the way is in good condition.
This hotel is at Caleta de Campos and this is a little but beautiful, quiet, peaceful town. All the people know each other and contrary to what you may think, there is anything you need in this little town.
Right at the principal entrance to the town there is a store calles UREÑA, there you can get cash like an ATM but operated by the salesman, this is how it works: They slide your card (credir or debt) like in any purchase but instead of buying you will get money. They charge you 5% but it´s worth every cent, because otherwise you should have to travel back to Lazaro Cárdenas to find an ATM.
At the main plaza there are several places to eat or at the main street you can find almost anything you wish for, In town there are 2 doctors 24/7 and two or three drugstores.
About the narcos, cartel and that stuff and all the things you hear from this part of Mexico, I was there for 6 days and never had any kind of problemas or anything related to this matter.
KNOW TO THE HOTEL:
- Its no more expensive than a Motel 6 but with the amenities and services of a 5 star or so hotel. ($800pesos - USD$53.33 triple room), two king size, full bathroom, view to the sea, AC perfect condition, cable TV)
- Its is an amazing hotel
- Did I said this is an amazing hotel? Yes?... wel let me say that again! IT IS AN AMAZING HOTEL.
- Hot water anytime
- Medium but clean swimming pool
- Clean sheets
- Clean bathroom
- The rooms look like new
- No smell at all
- No pets allowed! Thank god! Nothing against them, just think we do not belong together to sleep, eat, live...
- Never hear noises or other guests from other rooms
- The rooms are BIG (I had the chance to visit two rooms, mine was REALLY SPACIOUS despite it had 2 king size beds in it, the other was a little small (one queen size), not so much but a little under lighted)
- All the staff really nice, always asking if anything is needed
- Never got problems with belongings
- Rooms are made fast and well
- Some rooms have sea view and DO NOT COST any more money. I recomend you get the 212, 312, 412 and so... they are the biggest and the 212 has a REALLY big place to go out and admire the sea or pool.
- The parking lot is small, maybe for about 18 cars but never had a parking lot space problem
- I was there at high season and the place was maybe at 40% occupancy
- Do not know if staff is bilingual but I think so
- The resturant is clean, cheap and the things I had were GOOD.
- If you go to the beach USE THE house/restaurant or palapas that are authorized by this hotel, you get a 10% discount, they have clean bathrooms and a lot of space to rest. Try the lobster, is delicious and really cheap! I had 2 lobsters for USD$12.66 (190 pesos)
- The beach is 200 metters away but any Hotel is near of it because most of the space is already used with houses.
- The sea at his beach is maybe a little too rough for children under 8
- I am sometimes very hard to pleace but this time I CANOT FIND ANYTHING UGLY ABOUT THIS PLACE.
To end. I recomend you use this Hotel as an Operation Base to investigate an visit many others beaches. There are about 40 other to visit. I recomend Bahía Pichilinguillo, it is 30 minutes away from this hotel and has all the basic services and the sea is calm as a swimming pool.
Driving on the road to the other beaches I found amazing views of the sea, lots of crabs jaywalking, slamandras, small (really small) like aligators, eagles (yes eagles) and dolphins ans humpback whales (you can see them from the road, when its high enough. You wont beleave the beautifulnes of this place.
Bahía de PICHILINGUILLO:
This is a truly peace of heaven on earth. Visit, you will NOT regret it.