“Terrible”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Incredibly bland and dated decor with bland food. The lights were all fully on and there was no music or abience whatsoever so all you could hear was the couple next to us having a conversation. It just felt there was no effort to be special or stand out from the large crowd of Indian restaurants in the town, one being just a few doors down. When we got the bill there was a charge at the bottom of £7 which couldn't be accounted for so can only presume the waiter had added his own service charge. Given that we only popped in for a couple of Cokes and a main course each the service charge amounted to about 25% of our bill. All in all a very disappointing experience which we will not be repeating. As we left the waiter was too busy pocketing his 'tip' and the change from our payment to be bothered with opening the door for my heavily pregnant girlfriend which was just about the icing on the cake for this dump. Avoid!

2  Thank Phill S

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Im sorry to say this will be my 1st and last time ordering here. went on just eat and there was a deal showing for 20 % off todays orders and the system does this automatically once you reach £20 but at the top of the page there are various offers to choose from including a free side dish etc... with a note to say write in the comments box what you want. theres nothing to say because of the 20% off this is null and void.
so looked like a good deal and ordered. By the time I was told i couldnt have my free side due to the 20% off my order had already left so couldnt even buy it, then when I sat down to eat noticed the chutneys i ordered were missing. plus it had cost me 50p just to place my order online (all adds up)
overall the curry was ok and normally I would probably try another one but after the experience I wont be ordering again. I can highly recommend al amin, bit further away but worth it

1  Thank Vampybabe
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Always a pleasure to visit the Mogul, great food, great service and you are always welcomed with a big smile.
Rubul the head waiter always goes over and beyond to make your visit special and my daighter gets spoilt rotton on every visit.
Whether you decide to eat in or have a takeaway you will experience a high quality meal each time. We have been going to the Mogul for over 10 years now and would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.
Enjoy your meal !

2  Thank DickoSurrey
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Always enjoy a great meal here, eat in or take away. Staff really friendly and helpful. Banquet night on a Thursday is great value.

3  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Ordered a king prawn korma for main one evening, that night I was the most ill I have ever been. I had extreme diarrhoea and vomiting all at the same time, I thought I was gonna die! Other occasions have been there food average, nice waitors, once served a nann bread so burnt I don't know how they had the nerve to serve and charge for it I couldn't eat it. Main issue was food poisioning incident!

2  Thank Ladybirdno1