“So glad I've found this place, my new favourite restaurant”
Review of Prima Fila

Prima Fila
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“So glad I've found this place, my new favourite restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Myself and 3 friends were looking for somewhere to eat out, and feeling bored of all the usual chains we decided to look online to see what else we could find.
Google found us Prima Fila and the reviews on here persuaded us to give it a go. GREAT decision!
We were warmly greeted and taken straight to our table (which was upstairs, not too hot as some others had experienced)
The atmosphere was friendly and the place was packed, always a good sign!
The menu is great, we all had trouble choosing our dishes as it all sounded so good and the food going past us to other tables kept on making us change our minds!
We decided to share three starters so that we could try various dishes. Our calamari, mussels and breaded mozzarella arrived promptly and they were all delicious.
The mussels were far and away the nicest I've ever had in any restaurant.
The mains were also absolutely delicious and we all tried a bit of each others, with everyone saying how lovely all the meals were.
The waitresses were friendly, swift and absolutely on the ball.
Don't hesitate to book a table if you're considering trying something new, I'm certain you won't regret it and will add this place to your list of favourites

• Visited June 2014

West Byfleet, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service but very hot!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The food here was very good - the fillet steak was very well priced and to die for. The pizzas looked great too. The only downside was that upstairs at least it was very hot and the air conditioning didn't seem to be working

1 Thank EmmaL490
Walton on Thames
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful taste of authentic Italy”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We've lived in Walton for years and Prima Fila is where we head to for all our family celebrations and every other occasion we can think of. This unpretentious, simple restaurant makes for a very relaxing and fun time. Vito is a brilliant host, so friendly and welcoming.
As for the food, the fact that many of the local Italian and Sicilian families are regulars there speaks for itself. The only problem is what to choose from such a delicious and varied menu.
Try it for yourself, I don't think you will be disappointed.
Tip - if you don't know which wine you want, or just for a change, let Vito choose it for you. We've had some wonderful surprises.

• Visited April 2014
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Best lunch of the week.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

On a tour of Surrey my wife and I found ourselves at Walton-on-Thames. I had already looked up a suitable lunch venue on the Internet and Prima Fila was placed at number 2 on the Tripadvisor list. As restaurant number 1 seemed to be Indian Food we opted to come here.

Finding the place was easy enough; it is a few minutes' walk from the central multi-storey car park. If you know where to go, you can also park for free about five minutes' walk away. To be frank, on seeing the place we were extremely disappointed. It did not look inviting - stark almost with its simple tables and hard wooden chairs (there are softer chairs upstairs as we found afterwards when using the toilets).

We explored Walton for an hour or two and then decided that we would give Prima Fila a try. On entering the restaurant at noon we were the only customers. This is not normally a good sign. The welcome was friendly enough but not overwhelming. I chose Vitello ai Funghi as my main course. My wife was not particularly hungry and opted for Avocado con Gamberetti starter with Garlic Bread as her main course. This was readily agreed to by the waiter. I have been some restaurants where management is a bit snooty about choices like this.

The food arrived in a reasonable time and by then there were just two other people in the restaurant. I settled down to my food. 'Delicious' is just not a good enough description for it. Perhaps 'exquisite' would be better. I was thankful that my wife could not eat all of her generous portion of garlic bread as I could use some of it to mop up my sauce. I was not going to leave a drop.

For dessert I had Panna Cotta with fruit coulis. It was very good but I was conscious of the fact that it almost pure cream. A little more coulis would not have gone amiss.

Having had lunch out three days in succession we decided unanimously that this was the best meal of the lot, and by quite a margin.

Walton is quite a long way from home but as we were looking after two of our grandchildren in Leatherhead at the time (they were at school) it was well worth the 30 minute trip. I can't wait to repeat the experience. As we left I spotted the chef in the kitchen. I gave him the biggest thumbs up I could manage. I think he appreciated it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DoctorBrian2013
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Amazing Italian in Walton!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I dine at Prima fila on a regular basis and each time the food and service is second to none! If you're looking for authentic good honest Italian food then this is the restaurant for you.
The lunch time set menu is fantastic value for money and you won't find anywhere else that can deliver the quality and quantity and also have a glass of wine thrown in!
The evening menu offers a great selection of starters, mains and desserts and knowing that each dish is prepared for you from scratch makes the dining experience even more enjoyable,and the atmosphere has a lovely buzz to it, not too noisy, just fellow diners enjoying conversation.
The owner Vito has to be applauded, his friendly manner and his attentiveness makes your dining experience all that more personal and he always has a smile for you!
I'm now off to book my next table for dinner ASAP!

• Visited May 2014