“Meat, Meat, Meat and so much more....”
Review of Restaurante Mahoh

Restaurante Mahoh
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Villaverde
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Took my whole family for our anniversary meal last night and enjoyed a great celebration meal. From the moment you arrive service is of the highest order. Nothing is too much trouble!!!!
My fillet was lovely and my daughters pork chop was bigger than a normal sized dinner plate for 8 Euros. My wife loved her starter of fried cheese (sauce to die for apparently)
All in all our most expensive meal (20 Euros/head) including our toddler but the best quality and excellent service....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Called in here for lunch with my husband and 9 year old son, the welcome was great and the staff could not be more pleasant. My husband ordered shoulder of lamb from the specials board, it was huge! I had goat stew with chickpeas and my son had fried goat, he said this was his best meal ever! Also a bottle of red wine for 7€!!! The interior, the atmosphere, everything, this restaurant/hotel is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We went to Fuerteventura for two weeks on Sat 2nd August and always try to go out for some nice meals and always use Tripadvisor for where to go and we picked Mahoh out for lunch, we'd hired a car and went and it was just fantastic, on the edge of the town Villaverde and seemingly in the middle of nowhere when you looked around. We walked in and were greeted by the friendly staff, as one of the previous reviews mentioned it's a little cowboy ranch style but that doesn't really do it justice and makes it sound a bit tacky and it certainly isn't that. One of the first things we noticed was the large glass fronted chiller/fridge stacked with an array of beautiful looking meats, including fillet steaks, pork, lamb, T-bone steaks and sausages. We were asked if we waned to sit inside or outside and we chose outside, we were taken through the back and given a choice of tables and were given the menu, a chair was pulled up and a large specials board placed upon it and the lady told us about the specials. I chose fillet steak in Roquefort sauce, my wife chose a salad and my son a fillet steak with camembert and pistachio sauce (picture att'd). We were brought out some bread and two sauces, red mojo sauce and a tangy, garlic/aioli sauce which were just delicious. Our meals came and they were fantastic, the steaks were superb. We liked it so much we booked to go for dinner the next night and this time we all had starters, anchovies and a salad, I then had the Galician fillet, my wife had the duck and my son 4 different sausages (pictures att'd), I had a couple of large beers and we had other soft drinks and water, again the food was brilliant and fantastic value, working out at about £60, it was faultless. We had the car for a couple more days so decided we'd come once more a couple of days later and we weren't disappointed, this time I had an enormous T-bone, 700g/24oz for about £16, my wife had the duck again and my son a fillet, all of which, again were delicious.
When we went on the Saturday night, the place was full, and nearly all Spanish, always a good sign.
The staff were all brilliant, the young chap working there has brilliant English and was extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble, one of the ladies has more broken English and the other two also have excellent English and they are all so friendly. There's a slightly older chap wandering around and sometimes he had an apron on, I took him to be the owner, he was really friendly too and came round asking if everything was OK and really seemed to care that the customers were OK. I loved going to look in the chiller/fridge, being told what was what and choosing from there, the whole ambience is very peaceful and very laid back, all in all it is just superb and all I would say is that if you are in Fuerteventura, make every effort to get to this restaurant, you wont be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Yesterday we tried this top of the chart restaurant and I personally loved it. First thing what I consider a "must" is an amazing customer orientation, staff take care of you continuously even if the restaurant is fully booked (this is Spain man, you could say!). Restaurant is well furnished, cowboys' ranch style, maybe a little bit turisticfake, and food, specially grilled meat is over the top. A plus is the Uruguayan meat chef that knows how to grill a good steak... to try and try...

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We came across this restaurant on the way back from Finca Julie horse riding. We're so glad that we stopped! It was the nicest meal we had during our 10 days in Fuerteventura. The food was miles more authentic than in the area we were staying in (Caleta de Fuste) which was excellent as we like to experience local culture and food.

We had some bread, garlic mayonnaise and mojo picón sauce to start, but we also had some Canarian potatoes as there was a slight misunderstanding; we wanted them with our mains but they came as a starter. Wasn't a problem though! My partner had duck from the specials board which was really good. I had the goat stew with chickpeas and potatoes. The chickpeas were the biggest I had ever seen! We then treated ourselves to desserts. He had the crema catalana, and I had mango sorbet - by far the best mango sorbet I had ever had. All for 40 Euros.

It's worth a drive out to Villaverde to visit this restaurant. It's completely different to all the other places you find in larger towns which are all much of a muchness. The waiting staff were also very attentive and helpful. One particular waitress was brilliantly multi-lingual, speaking at least English, French and German, putting our efforts with schoolday Spanish to shame!