“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 21 Krugersdorp B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here a few years ago (sorry for the delayed review), but I had such a great experience there! The staff was super friends, and the other guests made this a super fun experience! I arrived by myself with no arrangements made for transportation, but a lot of expectations of places to visit (I had very limited time, on a layover for a few days en route to Madagascar). The owner gave me a great reference for transportation (her name was Sybil, definitely take advantage of her transportation services if you get the chance!). She carted me around for my entire stay, taking me everywhere I wanted to go and even a few places that she suggested as well. Her and her husband even took me to lunch on my last day. The entire stay was incredible, and Rabbit Hole Guest House was a nice cozy place to lay my head. It is not the Ritz Carlton by any means, but if your looking for a cozy, affordable, funky, friendly place to stay, this is it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at The Rabbit Hole for our 26th wedding anniversary, our request was that is should be a romantic set up. Upon arrival the reception we received from the front desk was very cold. the pillows was very soft and old and smelly. The bathroom light was not even working and the shower door was broken substituted it with a shower curtain. The room we were in was nothing compared to those advertised on the website.We paid R1800.00 for two nights bed and breakfast and the service was clearly not up to standard. The television in the room was 37cm and we could hardly see anything at all. The bread served for breakfast was stale and the place is dusty. Will not recommend this place at all to anyone. When I told the owner she stated that they only catered for business people. Why were we not told when we requested that they dont cater for couples suppose they were hard up for our money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrystalw W
Cape Town
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Apart from being central to the sights of the Cradle of Humankind and in a quiet area. The Rabbit Hole staff were very welcoming and pleasant. We loved the decor and the whole ambiance of the Guest House. Our room was lovely and the bathroom was a lovely size. There was room to put things out around us. The food was very good and we enjoyed the frogs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John & Debbie P
White River, South Africa
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Charming B & B, consider it good value for money. The staff where friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good - but plates where cold (only complaint). Interior decor is was amazing and very clever use of recycled bottles and crockery, very original in fact quite a "Wonderland" experience. Rooms where clean and everything worked, loved the white rabbits in the garden :). Would stay there again quite happily

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

When you first arrive the first thing you notice about this place is the colour....lots of colour!! Really beautifully done the staff are friendly and welcoming... The food is lovely and the rooms are simply divine. Very well placed for the cradle of humankind, the rhino and lion reserve and located right next door to a tea house and across the road to a large mall....the owners have done a great job with is place and I highly recommend staying here

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My family and I stayed here for a few days as a base for exploring the Cradle of Human kind at the end of a 3 week trip to South Africa. The Rabbit Hole is a wonderfully unique place where art is built into the very fabric of the building. The room was very large and comfortable and the mother and daughter owners were very friendly and helpful.

The bar was not manned while we were there but there's an honesty system in place where you help yourself to drinks and just record what you've taken; very civilised and wonderful to see in this day and age.

The only downside was that the wife came away with "lots of wonderful DIY ideas" for things we (I!) could do round the house! ;-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Colin M
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I spent one night at the Rabbit Hole recently - the owners have certainly created a quirky and interesting venue with lots of innovative ideas ideas for their decor - i.e. the bar is a mosaic of bottle tops and glass bottle bottoms; the kitchen counter has knives and forks mosaiced into the surface.

The staff was friendly, the towels were fluffy, the water was hot, the bed was comfortable and the food was pleasant and served with a smile - what more could I want?

Sarah O'Neill

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Krugersdorp
Magalies Manor Hotel
#1 of 21 in Krugersdorp
The Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa
The Crystal Rose Lodge & Spa
#1 of 10 in Krugersdorp

Been to The Rabbit Hole Hotel? Share your experiences!