Bentley Brook Inn
US$185
Priceline
US$120
Travelocity
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel(Ashbourne)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$174
US$124
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbentley brookbar areasteakgreat foodthe pubsunday lunchgroupon dealcomfortable roompiepeak districtfeel very welcomeboth nightswedding venueexcellent staycooked to perfectionmid weekpudding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Having been for an early morning stroll. Decided to visit this beautiful looking building for a hot drink and perhaps late breakfast or maybe an early lunch. My husband and i entered and waited for a short while by the reception. Although we could hear voices. No one arrived. So my husband and myself went into a pleasant small room to sit for a while. Feeling a little tired and weary from our early walk. We left the door ajar so the staff would easily see or hear us. Having waited a further 15 minutes my husband decided to enter the bar area to order. Totally oblivious to my husband being at the entrance to the bar. A young slim long haired member of staff entered the bar area. Proceeded to help herself to an alcoholic drink. Stating whilst doing so "well if we can't serve it we might as well beeping drink it". Then this young lady still unaware of my husband made her way up a staircase. We had seen this young lady arrive a little earlier in her car. A little worrying that she was driving and drinking. Not to mention a little worrying to the profits. We did get a nice warm drink eventually. Although skipped the later idea of lunch.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Skiptothebeat
Bentley Brook I, Manager at Bentley Brook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thanks for taking your time to write a review.

Firstly, let me apologise for your experience, we took over as new managers in mid November and on chasing this incident up with staff it would appear that it happened prior us taking over.

That said, we have raised the issue and spoken with the member of staff in question.

We would like to welcome you to come and try The Bentley Brook Inn again, where I can assure you a professional greeting and service will now await you.

Wendy and The Team at The Bentley Brook Inn

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a short break in the Derbyshire Dales with four much valued friends. Our visit was centred on a one night stay at the Bentley Brook Hotel. We started our short break at the gorgeous private village of Tissington which contains a fabulous sweet shop and a candle maker. We also had an invitation from the owner of Tissington Hall, Sir Richard Fitzherbert Bt., for a private tour of his wonderful, historic home. The house is open to the public for a limited period each year and is well worth a visit. The Hall is also available for weddings.
After our visit to Tissington, we checked in at Bentley Brook and were given a really warm welcome. Our room was lovely and nothing like the stereotyped rooms which you find in most hotels. Everything, including a more than adequate en-suite was well presented although a little more attention by the cleaning staff would have seen the removal of a used tissue which we found lurking in a dark corner.
We chose to eat in the hotel and the service generally was excellent, although my wife was served a warm glass of Pino Grigio Blush which had to be returned.
After our pre-dinner drinks we were shown into a rather basic dining room. Unfortunately several menu choices were unavailable but the food, when delivered, was excellent and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Breakfast this morning was also very good with a wide range of choices including some local Derbyshire dishes.
This stay represented excellent value for money as Dinner, Bed and Breakfast only cost £50 per head. This is a hotel that is well worth a visit particularly as it is in the heart of the Dales with Dovedale and the Manifold Valley only a few minutes drive away.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, really friendly staff and very helpful, the food was excellent, breakfasts kept me full all day!! Great for dogs, ours had the time of his life!! Defo go back again.room was clean and of a good size, huge bathroom as well, great real ales too, fantastic!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Bought a Wowcher deal didn't expect much for the price but was pleasantly
surprised. Excellent quality of food and plenty of it and was served hot.
Room was very clean although a little small but was ok for our 2 night stay.
In a great location close to Ashbourne, which is well worth a visit. also well situated
for Alton Towers
All the staff were very friendly and helpful even though there was a party of 20 people on our first evening the service was still excellent. Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rita B
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Well situated country inn. Ideal for exploring Derbyshire and only a few mins drive into Ashbourne. We stayed for 2 Nights with 2 jack Russell's in Room 10. Spacious and very clean. Compliments to housekeeping. I hate white towels and it was a nice surprise to have burgundy towels to match the blinds & curtains. Tea tray was well stocked. Staff are pleasant, chatty, welcoming. Breakfast was great. I had continental which was better than expected. Ham, lovely cheeses, croissant, melon and apple - delicious. My husband had bacon & eggs which he said was good and the dogs had cut up sausages on a little plate both days. So cute. Evening meals were good in the bar, not a huge choice but good value.
If you are looking for somewhere relaxed to stay and you have a dog or dogs I don't think you can go wrong here. We will return as did not have enough time to do everything we wanted to.

Room Tip: Room 10 is spacious but the only view from the window is the roof of the kitchen.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple