“DO NOT EAT HERE! IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!! ZERO STARS!!!”
Review of The Bluebell Inn

The Bluebell Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Tissington
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“DO NOT EAT HERE! IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!! ZERO STARS!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife, mother and I went for lunch at the Bluebell Inn today. NEVER AGAIN!!!! I ordered a Ploughman's lunch for myself but as soon as I sat down I noticed the Specials Board which had something on I preferred. I went straight back to the waitress (less than a couple of minutes had elapsed) and asked if I could change my mind. She said she would ask the chef and immediately came back to say " No, he had already started to plate it". In the meantime, the table next to us was served 4 sweets and our order arrived after a further TWENTY MINUTES!!! I asked the waitress exactly what on the plate could not have been put back in the fridge immediately after I had changed my mind? She said she would get the owner who simply had no reply but said she would get her husband. He offered to change the whole meal!!!! Why couldn't that have been done in the first place? And anyway I would now have to wait even longer for my meal whilst my mother & wife ate theirs! My mother had sweet chilli chicken which was disgusting - bland white chicken with a thin layer of chilli sauce, chips and a pathetic little bowl of very sorry looking rocket leaves. My wife was distinctly unimpressed with her prawn cocktail too. AND it was all ridiculously OVER-PRICED!!!! I never write complaining reviews but I felt it necessary to warn everyone of the very poor standard of food offered here. Save your money and go elsewhere. We shall NEVER eat here again!!!!!!!! By the way, my rating is ZERO STARS.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank PaulGail

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wedding reception”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went to a family wedding here on the 3rd July and the beautiful weather was matched with the wonderful setting of the pub inside and out. The starters, buffet and desserts were all handmade by the chef there. The function room was beautifully decorated to match the theme of the wedding. My husband also enjoyed the wide selection of beers available. For anyone thinking about a wedding reception or looking for a nice country pub I would highly recommend it. Congratulations John on a lovely pub!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank SuttonGolfer31
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great food in a rural Pub”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Visited the Bluebell for an evening meal and were not disappointed. Service was friendly and efficient. The food was high in quality and quantity! We could not manage a starter or dessert!
Fantastic value for money. I'm sure we will return when we visit the Peak District again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank saints321
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Good Pub Food”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Made very welcome and a good and friendly service

I had the mixed grill which was part of a Tuesday Evening Steak special offer

The portion was huge and all the various meats on the plate was cooked perfectly

We found it a little more expensive than the other two pubs we ate at in the area but never the less excellent value

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank DPJ16
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“Not enjoyed by all!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went here with some friends. There were four of us. The service was very bad! There was one person serving drinks, taking orders, serving the meals & clearing tables, although these were not done quickly! There were two tables near us that we're not cleared the whole time we were there!

There was no atmosphere and I have to say the meals were nothing out of the ordinary.

Sorry, but would not return!

Visited June 2014