We booked Easter weekend 2014 with another family on adjacent pitches with hook-up - having spent several weeks nervously checking long-range weather forecasts. All forecasts were wrong and while it was a bit windy one night, the weather was great. The pitches are generous and all within good reach of waste disposal and water points. The toilet and shower block was excellent, kept clean and had underfloor heating. Only occasionally was the water not hot. Only real criticism was that the site needed a second pot-washing facility. The on-site shop was great and the reception staff very helpful. There is a fly-fishing lake which was a helpful way of occupying 2 boys time. Despite the fact the lake was too weedy and needs some TLC, our party caught, cooked and ate a decent sized rainbow trout. It is great to be able to give the kids an xBox-free weekend. The location is excellent, being adjacent to the Tissington trail, which is brill' for running or cycling. Lots to do and will come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Park surrounded by fabulous scenery offering Yurts, Camping Pods, Pine Lodges, B & B rooms, Holiday Caravans & tent or caravan pitches for rental. WiFi cafe, pub & restaurant on site. Ideal for walking & cycling just 100 metres from the Tissington Trail with footpaths from site leading into Dove dale. Convenient Alton Towers, Chatsworth, Matlock, Carsington Water, National Tram Museum etc. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Hotel Alsop En Le Dale
- Rivendale Caravan And Leisure Park
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Peak District National Park/Alsop En Le Dale