This was our second visit to Rivendale, the previous being in July last year, so we had a good idea of the standards and general set up.
However a couple of things have slipped...I feel that to check the toilets once a day and to clean them once a day is a little poor especially as the site was getting busier and as a result the cleanliness did get worse as the day progressed.
The site roads are showing increased signs of wear and potholes, most likely due to the winter weather, but do not seem to have been attended too.
As the weather improved it would have been nice for the pub to open in the early evening...but it didn't....weekends only?
However the main issue was the constant noise from the excavation work which was taking place to extend the park. Due to the curved rock face of the quarry the noise is projected around the whole site from approx 8.30 in the morning till 4.45 in the afternoon. It was just like being in a working quarry with the sound of rocks being loaded into trailers.
If you use Rivendale as a base and are off site all day you probably wouldn't even know anything was taking place.....if like ourselves we were there to relax.....well we couldn't.
The fact that it was Rivendale carrying out the work showed a complete lack of consideration for the onsite guests. Suffice to say we will not be having a third stay at Rivendale as this stay for all intensive purposes was a waste of leave time and money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Park surrounded by fabulous scenery offering Yurts, Camping Pods, Pine Lodges, B & B rooms, Holiday Caravans & tent or caravan pitches for rental. WiFi cafe, pub & restaurant on site. Ideal for walking & cycling just 100 metres from the Tissington Trail with footpaths from site leading into Dove dale. Convenient Alton Towers, Chatsworth, Matlock, Carsington Water, National Tram Museum etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Hotel Alsop En Le Dale
- Rivendale Caravan And Leisure Park
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Peak District National Park/Alsop En Le Dale