See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed at Lintwood Farmhouse for a wedding in Osmaston. Our hosts could not have been more charming or accommodating. Great company, great breakfast, great value for money. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I stayed at the farmhouse with my fience to celebrate our anniversary. Having stayed in hotels for many years, i decided to give a B & B a try. Hotels beware, because if this is the competition you should be worried. We wanted somewhere in rural Derbyshire and this place ticks all the boxes.

After driving down the long farm track we were met at the house by Jennifer (owner) with a big smile and very welcoming attitude. We were offered tea in the beautiful farmhouse lounge. If you like a piece of 'olde England' this place is for you. We stayed in room 1 and it is lovely. a huge high ceiling/oak beamed bedroom with front and rear facing windows overlooking sheep and chickens etc, has a vast luxurious bathroom with an enormous two-person bath and lovely seperate shower, with plenty of hot water.

Jennifer and Charles were very welcoming into their home and were helpful with local information on activities and restuarants. Breakfast was cooked to order and was as plentiful as it was satisfying. Ashbourne is around a 5 minute drive, so this is a great location, close enough to a big town, yet rural enough to experience beautiful open countryside.

I would recommend to those looking for a change to the boring corporate hotels, or those that already know a decent B & B when they stay in one.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank passerbye
Reviewed 2 October 2010

A stay at Lintwood Farm is like staying with old friends. Charles & Jennifer are charm personified, such an engaging and interesting couple. The farmhouse is a lovely quintessential English country residence, the likes of which you will not see anywhere else in the world. Comfy, cosy, eclectic .....every corner holding an interest. Bedroom was extremely large and comfy with excellent bathroom facilities. The breakfast was excellent too with the nicest bangers and bacon I have tasted in many years. And, fresh eggs from their own chickens too. A fresh pot of tea with cake or biscuits is always available. The huge drawing room with log fire is lovely to spend an evening in, reading a book, listening to music or watching TV. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Lintwood Farmhouse is quite the most comfortable B and B I have stayed in. Infact you can't really call it a B and B, it was home from home, huge welcome as if a friend was arriving, a drink put in your hand, my bag carried to my lovely big room and cosy bed, a lovely evening then followed with Charles and Jennifer. Delicious breakfast, then I had to leave, sadly, but will definately be returning.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I was inclined to say nothing of the wonderful hospitality of our hosts in the hope that I could cherish this secret and come to stay whenever I pleased. However, that would hardly be the appropriate way to express my delight and that of my children, who also enjoyed the most comfortable beds and the most delicious breakfast in Derbyshire. The previous night was spent at the vastly more expensive Von Essen Callow Hall. Lintwood Farmhouse is by far and away a more comfortable place to rest-and far less costly. The bed was very comfortable, and as big as half a boxing ring. The spotless bathroom is larger than any bathroom in any 5 star hotel on any of the four continents that I have visited. Plemty of hot water, towels, soap, shampoo and heaps of toilet roll.The rooms are equipt with coffee and tea making facilities. Orders for breakfast were taken the night before-the choice extensive. The scrambled eggs are of unparralleled simplcity-free range and very local -just delicious, serrved up by one of the world's more entertaining, intrepid, learned men who was delighted to remove my plate as I cast my eyes down lamenting the end of the weekend's culinary delight. This is serious bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family