“like home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Hardy
Oceanview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 Port Hardy B&B and Inns
London
“like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here after a long day at the ferry from Bella Coolla.
What a surprise! what a nice ,comfortable and cosy room !
What a great breakfast and the owners are soooooo nice!
Thanks for the warm hospitality
Netta

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a 3-room bed and breakfast in the innkeeper’s home in a residential area located about 6 miles from the ferry. Unfortunately, it cost $28CAD to take a taxi from the ferry. There is apparently a school bus shuttle that will take you for around $10CAD per person, although that takes longer because they are the last stop on the shuttle route. We arrived after midnight because we had to wait for a taxi at the ferry, we were not aware of the shuttle option. The innkeepers greeted us at the door as our taxi arrived. They welcomed us, showed us to our room, and set up a time for breakfast. The room was spotlessly clean with nice robes (although a bit too small for my 6’3 fiancé), water bottles, Werther’s candies and wifi. We stayed in the Lavender Room, which has a queen-sized bed, is upstairs and has a private bathroom across the hall from the room. The bathroom was large, clean and stocked with fluffy white towels, hairdryer, q-tips, etc. The highlight of our stay here was the breakfast. We all sat together at a table in their kitchen. It included OJ, coffee/tea, homemade granola, a glorious fresh fruit salad, yogurt, homemade blueberry scones and banana bread, and a delicious fluffy egg dish. There were also different bread and cereal options if we so desired. The innkeepers set everything out and made sure to clear dishes and bring us anything we needed. They also chimed in on the conversation around the table. They offered tips of where to go on the island. They also pointed out that our rental car company (Budget) would come to the B & B to pick us up. We appreciated that tip as it saved us money on a taxi. If you like the atmosphere of a Bed and Breakfast, then Oceanview is a great place to stay. If you want a more private experience, this is probably not the place for you. If you are looking for a B & B that has a historical and quaint feel please know that this is more of the style of a modern suburban home.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My Partner & I arrived late on 2nd July for 1 night, we were welcomed to the B&B and shown to our lovely spacious room. A very peaceful night sleep after a long journey from Prince Rupert, just what we were looking for. . Our breakfast was really good and an added bonus of freshly baked scones. . Thank you very much for a lovely but very short stay. Chris & Maxine UK.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Comox Valley, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Last minute I found I had to travel from Comox to Port Hardy. I called all the local hotels and every one was full. I've never stayed in a BnB before, but took a chance. I called and asked if I'd be able to arrive at around 9pm, I'm so glad I did and will make this choice again, especially for my work trips back that way. The bed was super comfortable, best sleep ever. I was tucked in with a tea pot and worked a bit on my laptop. Morning was started with a fantastic breakfast and the best coffee I've had in a long time. Lots of choices for breakfast, great hosts and overall a terrific experience. I left for work that morning feeling well rested, well fed and very well cared for. What a treat. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived by ferry and it was late but Beverley and Gerry were waiting up to welcome us. Very comfort was provided for our stay and they offered really helpful advice. The bedroom and bathroom were extremely comfortable and the hand made breakfast especially the home made granola was excellent. Totally recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Husband and I stayed 2 nights in Sept 2013 at Oceanview. We arrived very late after sailing from Prince Rupert but this was not a problem for Beverley. We stayed in the Sage room which was very comfortable. Everything about the B&B was of the highest standard (I don't know that many B&Bs would provide quality bathrobes) and the hosts really knew how to make the stay memorable. My husband is vegan and Beverley prepared a delicious breakfast with different dishes on both days of our stay. Booking was straight forward and the house is a pleasant walk along the waterfront from the town. We tend to stay in self-contained accommodation because many places just can't manage a vegan diet and we like to come and go as we please. We found neither of these an issue at Oceanview. I recommend it to anyone looking for accommodation in Port Hardy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Aarberg, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had a marvellous stay at this very nice B&B (lovely and very well attended to house, nice bed rooms, only a few minutes to restaurants) and enjoyed very much getting to know the lovely owners. We stayed there the night before taking the ship to Prince Rupert. Our hosts were even so kind as to fix us a take-away breakfast at 5 AM so we would’t need to go hungry. Sure did enjoy this.

P.S: If you have a rental car that you need to turn in – check if you can drop it the harbour rather than taking it back to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family