Not much to choose from in Port Hardy - this is about the best. Quoted $145.00 for one night - but got it for $130.00 as that is what the tourist information bureau had told us. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean, with a microwave and mini fridge. The bathroom was clean and well appointed and the bed was really comfortable. Wonderful view from our 3rd floor balcony room, we sat for a couple of hours watching the fishing boats coming and going, and the fish jumping. The pub food was average at best - it was wing night and the place was full. The wings were very small and drenched in bottled sauce, but the service was good. Next morning the breakfast was pretty good and excellent service. The hotel itself is rather run down and could do with a bit of loving care - but hey it was clean and I could have easily stayed another night (except for the price!).
There is a really nice walking trail right next to the Glen Lyon - along the estuary and up the river. The salmon were spawning and it was neat to see them jumping and waiting for their swim up the river, we spotted more than 25 eagles all lying in wait for a good feed too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 44 Room Motel Type with Doors to the outside - 3 floors, with 2nd and 3rd floors all having balconies overlooking Hardy Bay All rooms have a great Ocean view. We have Restaurant and Lounge on the Premises: open Daily Walking distance is 1 mile to the center of town along the Inner Harbour and 15 minutes driving to the Airport and 7 to 10 minutes driving to the ferry terminal ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Glen Lyon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Lyon Hotel Port Hardy
- Glen Lyon Inn Port Hardy, Canada - Vancouver Island