We booked here for the eve of taking the BC Ferry's "Inside Passage" trip to Prince Rupert, BC. We almost waited too late to book accommodations in Port Hardy - probably because of the popularity of this fabulous trip.
Word of advice for Port Hardy accommodations. The ferry departs Port Hardy on odd numbered days, and leaves Prince Rupert on even numbered days. This translates into heavy bookings in Port Hardy on the even numbered nights because ferry passengers coming in at 10:30pm from Prince Rupert have made reservations, while passengers leaving early the next morning are there too. Book far in advance.
The Glen Lyon room was clean and comfortable. Once checked in, we immediately opened the sliding doors onto the small deck to have a beer while watching the harbor traffic, and bald eagles outside. Fisherman have left fish remains at certain times and places, and the eagles have learned!
We enjoyed the ability to be outside on our sunny day, and kept the deck door open during the night without worry. Night time is quiet in the area.
Parking is provided. We ate in the dining room which looked out at the harbor, but was nothing special, but there aren't many options in Port Hardy. The BC Information person recommended the restaurant as one of her favorites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 44 Room Motel Type with Doors to the outside - 3 floors, with 2nd and 3rd floors all having balconies overlooking Hardy Bay All rooms have a great Ocean view. We have Restaurant and Lounge on the Premises: open Daily Walking distance is 1 mile to the center of town along the Inner Harbour and 15 minutes driving to the Airport and 7 to 10 minutes driving to the ferry terminal ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Glen Lyon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Lyon Hotel Port Hardy
- Glen Lyon Inn Port Hardy, Canada - Vancouver Island