We have been staying here for year while travelling and on business. The place is very good because of the location, all rooms face the ocean and the 2nd and 3rd floors have a balcony. When the tide is high you are over the water. A nice place to lay in bed and take in the view of the ocean. But there are a few things that seem to have gone down hill, the fridges are getting old, every time they come on the make noise and wake us up. The rooms are too hot and it was not hot there and the thermostat was down low, the balcony doors do not lock, probably no one will climb over from the next place but when you are leaving computer, camera's etc you should not have to even worry about that.
But as far as I am concerned still the best hotel to say in when in Port Hardy .. oh yes,l the staff at the front desk are very nice !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 44 Room Motel Type with Doors to the outside - 3 floors, with 2nd and 3rd floors all having balconies overlooking Hardy Bay All rooms have a great Ocean view. We have Restaurant and Lounge on the Premises: open Daily Walking distance is 1 mile to the center of town along the Inner Harbour and 15 minutes driving to the Airport and 7 to 10 minutes driving to the ferry terminal ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Glen Lyon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Lyon Hotel Port Hardy
- Glen Lyon Inn Port Hardy, Canada - Vancouver Island