Bear Cove Cottages
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Port Hardy
See available hotels
Pier Side Landing(Port Hardy)
Kwa'lilas Hotel(Port Hardy)
Pioneer Inn(Port Hardy)
Airport Inn(Port Hardy)
View Hotel
Black Bear Resort(Port McNeill)
View Hotel
Haida Way Motor Inn(Port McNeill)
View Hotel
All reviewsfishferry terminalplace to staygreat hostsgreat showerwadecozyeagleswildlifekitchenettebayboatduvetknowledge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2010

A Most Delightful stay at the Unique Bear Cove Cottages is a must when visiting Northern Vancouver Island.Well appointed cottages with a king size bed,full kitchen,jacuzzi tub,BBQ and many personal touches you are situated on a hillside with an awe inspiring view of Coastal Waters - soaring eagles from your window or chairs on your private porch,so quiet --sleep was most rejuvenating.We have stayed many times in all seasons and are anticipating our next visit.For those who are traveling to the Central Coast or Prince Rupert by Ferry you are minutes from the terminal,the only way to start your cruise.Enjoy!!!
.PS the Host and family are delightful!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Tranquil and refreshing. Our experience with Bear Cove Cottages was superb. With the vaulted ceiling, skylight, (mostly) wood-lined interior, and spectacular view of the bay, our cottage was perfect. The evening we arrived we saw 9 bald eagles soaring in the air currents from our cottage window. The location is a walkable 1 km from the ferry terminal for the Inland Passage. Our hosts were most accommodating, keeping our car at the cottages while we were on the 2 day ferry trip. Staying at the cottages both before and after the ferry trip north provided perfect bookends to that spectacular journey.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

The cottages are exactly what the doctor ordered. I love the location and the relaxation I get when I stay at the Bear Cove Cottages. Country air, privacy, BBQ on the deck and fantastic views. I have stayed at the cottages a number of times and I love it everytime I go. Shannon and Wade are the reason I return, good people, with a A class resort. I managed to get a trip in early this spring to the north island and managed to get out fishing as well while I was there, a little early for the big salmon but Wade is a pro and he took me to where they were biting, and I manged to land a nice spring much early than I ever have in the past. I have already booked my summer fishing trip at Bear Cove for the end of July and I can't wait to get back. Never disappointed with my stay there at Bear Cove cottages, I recommend the cottages to all my family and friends if they are on they way to Port Hardy. Something to be said about the sleep I get when I stay there, I don't sleep that good at home. Bear Cove Cottages is also true to it's name, I managed to see one of the local bears up really close this time, and got some great pictures. Shannon told me the bear I saw is named Ebony, I couldn't of planned it any better if I tried.....

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2010

we stayed 1 night, on way to BC Ferries... Magnificent view from cosy cabin. The owners were really friendly and helpful, Equipped well in kitchebn, nice relaxing bath jacuzzi.... only draw back, not great without a car, we dropped car off at airport and once caught taxi there we couldn't do much(not that we needed to!)
Definitely recommend if heading on the ferry or have car,.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2010

My friends and I have stayed at the Bear Cove Cottages for several years on our annual fishing trip to the area. We really like it there because the cottages provide us with the perfect spot to just hang out after fishing. They are out of town a few minutes, which makes the area pretty quiet so you can sit out on the balcony. Wade and Shannon are great hosts, staying out of your way or helping out whichever you are looking for. The kitchenettes in the cottages are a good feature for the area, as you are sure to be heading out early on an excursion and want to eat some breakfast or pack a lunch to go. After all, the best feature of the area is the wilderness, and there isn't a restaurant around every corner... thank goodness.

There is a nice view of the water and island from the cottage balconies.

The drive up to Port Hardy is beautiful, and if you keep your eyes open you will see a lot of wildlife in the area. I have been to Port Hardy at least 15 times, and every time I have been on the water I have seen either whales or porpoises or dolphins... and always bald eagles and seals.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends