“big rip off”

Ranked #18 of 20 Restaurants in Port Hardy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Use to eat here quite regularly, but in the past couple of years, we have not had good experiences here. Ordered chinese food as usual but when it came to the table, we found that the rice was overcooked and pasty. $15 for this plate and they took only $2 off the bill. What a joke! Since they took the rice off the plate and brought it back with only chow mein and s&s pork, you think they could of at least cut the cost in half. No...just a measily $2.
Needless to say, I am done with this restaurant. The owner never comes out of the kitchen to talk to the people making the complaint. To me this is bad PR. I will not spend another dime of my money in this place. The owner does not interact with his customers and he is not the least bit interested in what people think of his restaurant. Just another Port Hardy disappointment.

2  Thank ralicat
There are newer reviews for Seto's Wok and Grill

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were traveling Vancouver Island, for a family vacation. We were told from a friend of ours to dine at this restaurant. I am glad we did, the staff was friendly and they had all sorts of toys to entertain our little one. Our experience there was enjoyable. Lovely atmosphere, the service was exquisite, and our meals were amazing. To feed a family at a restaurant is not cheap, what we found there prices to be fair and a generous amount. Just have to say we didn't expect this kind of atmosphere to be in a small town. Hard to describe exactly in words of our wonderful experience, just have to say if your ever in the area, give it a try.

From Our Family to yours.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The 'Chinese' restaurant was a total disappointment! Wait staff were great which is too bad because the food they have to serve is below par. In a fishing port one expects fresh seafood and not canned shrimp. It was inedible and stayed up most of the night being sick, so thanks anyway Mr. Manager ... It was not fresh like you insisted and wouldn't return our money.

Very bad experience ... Stay away!

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

I'm from Vancouver and my brother worked in Port Hardy. When he came home he told me if you were ever in Port Hardy, go to Seto's. Well came up with him this time and I have to say we had a blast. I felt like I was sitting in a lounge in Vancouver. The food was outstanding and even more so the staff were so friendly. There was a cute guy behind the bar that made my friend and I feels so welcome.

I would dine their again if never I am in the area, in a heart beat.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Booked a buffet for 25 people (peewee hockey team), did not happen and we were told it was our mistake. NOT!!!! Had to order from menu it took 2 Hrs for food to arrive & 1 person didn't even get a meal. Only apology was from server with NO appearance from owner & manager(who were present). food was cold & not very good. Rating in the minus 5. Will never go there again.