“A great girlfriends getaway”

and 1 more site!
Galiano Oceanfront Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Galiano Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Just spent two nights at Galiano Oceanfront Inn and Spa. The inn is a short walk from the ferry dock so we didn't need a car. We were able to check in early and were blown away by the view from our room. All the suites have balconies facing the ocean and ferry dock. The room was nicely decorated with local art. We rented bikes from a spot within walking distance of the inn and spent the afternoon checking out amazing beaches and vistas within a few kms of the resort. Returned at 3pm to a chilled bottle of champagne waiting in our room. Dinner was great with offerings including local seafood, an extensive wine list and live piano music. The next morning our breakfast that was included with the package was generous and delicious. The inn nicely combines the charm and intimacy of the gulf island with a professionally run hotel. We were able to rent kayaks for a couple of hours about an hours bike ride from the Inn. The spa treatments were a real treat after our daytime excursions (Galiano is very hilly!). There's a great wine store right in the hotel with a huge selection of VQA BC wines, and there are nice gardens and grounds where you can enjoy your glass of wine. Altogether a great quick getaway for girlfriends or couples.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 May 2009

The Spa was heavenly I will return soon .The food was the greatest. served beautifulyThe rooms had an out door fire place and a spa tub. All overlooking the sea.and all the amenities you could ask for, even a wine cooler and washer and drier.beautiful grounds.Just great.
My Name is Elma Pawl
E mail [--]

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2009

We recently received a gift from friends of two nights at the Galiano Inn on Galiano Island. Our comfortable room faced the ocean where we never tired of watching the goings on at the ferry dock. (The only reason to deliberately leave the view was to go and warm our feet on the fabulously heated bathroom floor!!) The atmosphere of the "main atrium", dining and breakfasts rooms, is relaxed and comfortable as well as beautifully decorated. We admired native art, found books to read, discovered lovely gifts to return home with in the form of wine and unique jewelry, and made friends with a most gentlemanly cat named Bogart. Both our two breakfasts and two dinners were delicious and we became quite attached to our waiter who is also the Inn's somalier; as well as very attached to the view and watching the ferry boats come and go and pass by while we ate. We also appreciated the helpfullness of Jenn who seemed to do a bit of everything, and always well.
Because we are outdoors people we opted to travel around the island to hike beaches and visit a few artisan's studios, and so we did not partake in the spa this visit; but next time we certainly will, as the other guests that we chatted with who had indulged, raved about it and appeared genuinely relaxed and at peace!
We will definitely be back!! What a fabulous gem to discover.
Erin & Jim

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2009

My sister took me away for a weekend of R&R. We were treated to a lovely room looking over the sea, a steam,mineral bath and massage. At the end of the treatment we were so relaxed all we could do was to dress and slide down to dinner. The meal was excellent and we were treated to a show of the waiter saving another client from choking in the dining room. All in all the service from especially one young lady was above and beyond I felt very luxuriated and taken care of. I would definitely return. ASAP.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2009

What a fanastic trip! I had booked this trip as a surprise to my girlfriend - I planned on proposing to her on the island. I contacted Galiano Inn to ask for some advice on the island (I'd never been there before). I had also mentioned my proposal plans and the response was amazing - the staff at the Inn simply took over. They suggested places to see on the island (one of which I used for the proposal!) and set everything up at the villa [which was beautiful]. They arranged to have the room all done up with candles, music, champagne, a lit fireplace, etc. while we were eating a fabulous dinner at their restaurant, Atrevida.

Everything was perfect [and my girlfriend said "Yes"!] and I would not hesitate to recommend Galiano Oceanfront Inn & Spa to anyone traveling to the island. Every one of the staff helped make that weekend something we'll never forget.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My 2 daughters and I went to the Inn and spa for the 'girlfriends' getaway and loved it. The room was lovely (fantastic view overlooking the water), staff were very friendly, and even the weather cooperated. We had a great time and think this should be an annual event for us.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2009

We stayed at a queen room for the valentine weekend. We paid $699 for 2 nights, a bottle of blubby and chocolate included with $200 spa credit and $25 for each evening dinner. We loved the inn, it was like 5 mins walk from the ferry. The room faced the harbour, fantastic view. I had two spa treatments: lavender sugar scrub and organic facial. I really enjoyed my lavender sugar scrub, vichy shower was heaven. I had been to Tofino Wickaninnish Inn spa but I loved the lavender sugar scrub treatment in Galiano inn. After spa treatments, I sat outside in the garden on the deck chair facing the harbour, very relaxing. Dinner at the restaurant was fine, can't really compare with Vancouver's restaurant though. We paid $100 per couple for our Valentine dinner, came in 4 courses, not too expensive. View from the restaurant was fantastic too. Our room had real fireplace and the housekeeping re-supplied wood so that we could keep our fire going. It also had Samsung LCD TV, Toshiba DVD and a fridge to chill my bottle of blubby. The bathroom had heated tiles, very nice touch. The hotel lobby got books so my husband picked a book to read while I enjoyed myself in the spa. The hotel restaurant served breakfast and dinner only so we walked for 10 mins to get some soup/sandwiches from a local bakery. The nearest pub (Hummingbird Pub) was 2km away so it took us 40 mins to walk there. We really enjoyed our stay and definitely would visit the inn again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Galiano Island
Driftwood Village
Driftwood Village
#2 of 4 in Galiano Island

Been to Galiano Oceanfront Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!