We chose to stay here for our Annivesary, the price of the rooms was steep but the view is magnificent. The rooms are tiny but it's part of the rustic appeal, I did have an issue with the bathroom as it was really small and didn't have a bathtub just a VERY small shower stall. I am six month pregnant and I struggled to shower in it.
We had the High Tea at the Prince of Wales and it was excellent so we decided to go to the restaurant for dinner and we were very disappointed. The appetizer we ordered came without some of the ingredients listed on the menu and then my husband ordered Pork Chop(S) and it was only one pork chop (we also heard the other tables complianing about this. My pasta came and there was no chicken so they went back to put it on the plate and by that time it was cold and dried out (probably was under the heat lamp for too long), for the quality of the hotel and the price we paid we expected much better.
I would however go back for the view and the afternoon High Tea!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta