This proud old girl is running on fumes. There's not much gas left in the tank. Everything is tired, dated and dirty. It desperately needs a deep cleaning. The beds, bathrooms, everything is just plain old. The staff is GREAT. There is only one small elevator that must be run by an employee (if available). My trek from the 6th floor to the basement (for ice for my foot) and back was painful. Even the plugs in the wall were so worn they wouldn't hold my iphone charger. The contacts were so loose the plug wouldn't stay in. We had dinner there and it wasn't bad, actually, but the dining room was lit up like a ballpark and we never ate there again. We stayed in 2 different rooms and they were consistently fair. The location is fantastic, but you know that. The lobby just doesn't give you that warm feeling where you want to sit down and rest for a while. Busloads of tourists run through this place on a daily basis so if you are facing the mountains you will probably have to listen to an idling bus for an extended period every morning as it parks in front of the hotel with the engine running.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta