The hotel staff are excellent , friendly and efficient. The rooms are not easy to get to, only one small elevator that must be operated by an employee. But was most helpful as were all the staff!. Our room was on a corner the balcony is shared with others , but the view is simply breathtaking.....Expensive place but if you get a view overlooking the lake.....it was magnificent. WIFI is only in the lobby and doesn't work all that well, antique furnishings were interesting and adequate in need of a little TLC. Food was good in the PUB though flies were a problem and service was a bit slow since the food comes from the Restaurant Kitchen across the lobby . A bit Pricey in the restaurant. A historic facility, with the most spectacular view I have ever enjoyed.....our room was on a corner so we had windows on all sides for cross ventilation and that was quite nice....didn't need to use the box fan.....Would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta