This Tudor style hotel of the 30's is high up on a windy hill sitting isolated above the Waterton township. Big horn sheep are commonly seen around the hotel enjoying the peace and grass. Views are incredible. This is an old fashioned hotel that hosts high tea in front of panoramic windows overlooking the lake inlet. A trip to a Glacier is just up the road and Waterton township below has many restaurants, stores and a biking walking trail that goes around the town. What is overwhelming is the beauty of the hotel and the fact that it has been left fairly untouched from when it was first constructed. Definitely "an atmosphere" and a trip back in time. Comiing from Montana you need a passport for border crossing. Take the Port of Piegan entry and you will be treated to absolutely gorgeous scenery and wildlife. From Kalispell Mt the drive is about 3 hours. From St. Mary's Mt about 1.5 hours. If you came to see Glacier National Park, don't leave without doing this side trip. The rooms are darker and older but retain the real character of the time period in which it as built.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta