The Prince of Wales hotel is a destination. For nearly 100 years the ancient Giant Douglas Fir beams have held up the walls and windows overlooking the rugged environment of Waterton Lake and the glorious surrounding mountains - and you feel it when you walk in. The building is largely original and the wood work, light fixtures, and artwork tell of time long forgotten. The scenery is truly breathtaking and the hotel provides an opportunity for a sense of timelessness as you sit in the lounge or restaurant overlooking the majestic Rocky Mountains. Run by the parks service, the servers all seemed to be talented and interested young people (university students) on an adventure of their own - and they all wear the tartan and kilts of the hotel which adds to the ambiance of the experience.
In concert with the natural beauty and wildlife of the park, the Prince of Wales really is a unique and unforgettable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta