We stayed here in winter, and during the winter season there are only two options for accommodations in Waterton Lakes National Park. That being said, we were just happy to have a warm cozy place to sleep and get out of the snow. We didn't need anything fancy or super-high end.
We had a one bedroom suite which worked very well for us as a family. Our son slept on the pull out couch in the main room while we enjoyed our large bedroom with fireplace in the back. The suite was basic with no kitchen beyond a small fridge and coffee maker but we enjoyed complimentary breakfast each day in the hotel's cafe, located in their front lobby.
We enjoyed dinner in the evening at the hotel's cafe as well which was convenient and offered tasty food. There was no children's menu for dinner but they had lasagne on the menu so that pleased our son.
If I had any suggestions for the hotel, it would be to fix the jacuzzi tubs. When your neighbor is running his or her tub, it sounds like an alarm is going off in your room. This is not cool when your neighbors are using it for an hour at midnight. We actually called the front desk because we thought maybe there really was an alarm or something going off in another room, and that maybe there was a problem on site.
Overall, the hotel is nothing special but serves the purpose to keep you warm and dry in Waterton over winter.
Of note, the service from the staff is amazing!! The lady on duty was there when we arrived late to show us into our room, was there when we had a problem around midnight with noise from the next room, was still there at breakfast the next morning, serving and cooking for us, and then was there again for dinner that night, serving and cooking again! The next day, yep, still there at breakfast. I honestly don't know if she slept all weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterton Glacier Suites is Waterton's newest and highest rated hotel. We have three different types of suites - Deluxe, Romantic and Loft Suites with two full bathrooms! This all suite property boasts a fireplace, jetted tub, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, in room safes and heavenly bedding in all our rooms. We are located in the center of the village and we are a non-smoking property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Waterton Glacier Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterton Glacier Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Hotel Waterton Glacier
- Waterton Glacier Suites Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta