All reviews homemade muffins cameron falls wrap around deck morning muffins saskatoon berry hot coffee from the oven perfect start to the day grassy area helpful tips place to stay carthew alderson living room beautiful waterfall in town fellow guests outdoor deck
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful time in Waterton starting with the family owned Northland Lodge home of the best Saskatoon Berry Pie, north of San Diego California. Well located to small but beautiful waterfall and stream and the town of Waterton.
The Prince of Wales hotel is less than 5 minutes away.
Rooms are all different configuration and decor but close to the main room of the house.
Very enjoyable visit

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2018

The staff are friendly and professional. It has a very relaxed atmosphere and is a beautiful setting at edge of town so it is quiet and peaceful. A great place to unplug and reconnet with Mother Nature.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

The place is nice its has the characters of 1928 its like me living on the past. The executive house keeper are really nice and she prepared really good muffins. My daughter ask me I can have the recipe.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Benjie M
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This sweet, historic lodge is so full of the feel of what it must have been like in sweeter, simpler times. The hostess is from the original family and is the 4th generation to run the lodge. She is gracious, fun and a great hostess. The beds are comfortable - the rooms very clean and comfortable. Some of the rooms are small but the views of the nearby mountains make up for it. The windows and doors are original from the 20's. What a treat to be welcomed in the morning to good coffee and wonderfully home cooked muffins and visits with other quests around the comfortable dining room. You won't get this anywhere else in Waterton. I love this place. I would stay here above all the other newish places in Waterton hands down.

Room Tip: Room in basement is cool in the summer. Upper rooms have great views and fans. My favorite room is the Cowboy room in the quiet corner.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank homesafe60
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Our family spent a week at Northland Lodge in July 2017 while we explored the Waterton / Glacier National Parks area. Our boys (6 and 11) had a blast playing by the lake, fishing, bicycling, kayaking, hiking, horse back riding, and kite flying. (The latter is big fun in Waterton as the Prince of Wales hill at the end of the Waterton lake is blessed with great kite flying winds most afternoons.) My wife and I loved that we could easily walk into the center of the Waterton townsite to get a bite to eat, browse the shops, or relax with an ice-cream cone… as well as remain a bit off the tourist track. The lodges location, bordering the mountainside, near Cameron Falls and trails to Bertha Lake and Glacier Park, made for a relaxing refreshing feel.. a chateau in the mountains. We regularly saw deer and bear, even big horn sheep near the lodge. The lodge itself was clean and comfortable, and full of history. We stayed in Room #1, Joanie’s Room, and it was plenty big enough for our family of four. The wrap around deck with great views of the mountains was relaxing and a great place for reading a book and soaking up some sun, as well as BBQing. Stacy, who manages the lodge and lives on site during the summer, was a great host , and shared with us many ideas and suggestions to help make our vacation a memorable one. I highly recommend this property. Just make sure you get your reservations in early as summer season accommodations fill fast!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family