“Town Centre Hotel Powell River, B.C.”
Review of Town Centre Hotel

Town Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Powell River
Sorrento,B.C. V0E2W1
“Town Centre Hotel Powell River, B.C.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel, it was very nice, lots of room and loved overlooking the garden area, enjoyed a fine breakfast and enjoyed looking around Powell River town site.

A beautiful area. I would certainly stay here again. The online photo's do not do justice to the room, our room couldn't have been nicer, very clean and comfortable beds and pillows.

Elaine Hopkins

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elabria
shalliday, General Manager at Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
kamloops
Reviewed 10 June 2014

First of all, it is very hard to find a photo of what your actual room will look like, there are many photos of the renovated rooms giving the impression they are all up to date, nope! my room was clean but very dated.

Check in staff were very good, friendly and accommodating. As mentioned the room is basic and dated but clean, I recommend a room facing the courtyard, away from street noise, if there is any. This a very quiet town. Everything closes at 5pm and it was a challenge to find a restaurant open on sunday, this included the hotel pub and restaurant, prepare for fast food. There are many option within walking distance, Safeway, Save on Foods, Walmart, Shoppers, and the Town Centre Mall. Also a good Vietnamese place very close by.

Breakfast at the hotel was also basic, pre made omlettes, cereal, toast, bagels, coffee and juice.

I will likely stay here again for a lack of better options in the area.

Room Tip: Courtyard view, ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
memphis, tn
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here while vacationing the Sunshine Coast... and were thrilled because this hotel was the only hotel that we could find that said they had an elevator. It was also the only hotel that appeared to have been renovated in the past 20+ years. (The price was ok--- $134. per night, I think. Not sure about the exact price.) It was more like a $100.00/night room, but we were just glad to find it when we did. It beat the other two places we checked out upon arrival. They were awful looking and smelled terrible. Don't expect to find upscale anything in Powell River. This was our best bet and like I said, we were thrilled to find they had a room for us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was working in town for 2 weeks and i decided to look online for a good place. I read everyone's review and i have to disagree with most of them. The staff were very helpful and friendly throughout the 2 weeks. This place is located in the middle of town so that was a plus for me. The bar beside it serves really good food and the staff there are also friendly. I noticed that they were doing some renovations on some rooms and all i can say is wow. I stayed in one of the older rooms but my co-worker stayed in a reno room. There's a big difference and no noise complaints at all. I will be returning to work back up there for a longer time and i plan to reserve my room there. Give them a chance and see for yourself before you let others make the decision for you. If you are not happy there let the manager know about it. I was talking to her and she was really nice. How are they suppose to know about your complaints if you don't tell them while you are there. That's just my suggestion. Thanks again for a good stay and hope to see you again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christian604
shalliday, General Manager at Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to your return.
toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is about the only choice in town so most stay here. And it's close to airport/stores/restaurants....it's the easy choice.
But....when I checked in there was a line up 12 deep. No big deal, a cancelled flight caused the back log.
As I'm walking to my room I pass the managers office, she's just sitting there in her office, not helping the rush. If she's not the manager then I apologize, but do you not work there? Could you not help?
And...get this, they sensor their free wifi? Just crazy to think a hotel needs to take responsibility for where I go online.
So, ICH or some other brand put this place into submission and mop this town up with a decent hotel!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank WhoShatThat

Travellers are raving about these Powell River hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2014

stayed here with kids hockey team. tired hotel needing renovations, old cathode ray tv sets, but close to Safeway, beer store, etc.

yes there is also a bar downstairs that many hockey parents would attend.

would not recommend this hotel for any other reason unless traveling with a team of hockey players and you had no choice.

for parents wanting go from room to room with drink in hand this works fine, but alas, there is no where else in Powell River to stay any how.

there is no pool.

the breakfast fare was ok.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
shalliday, General Manager at Town Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We are sorry that you were unhappy with your stay at our hotel. The substantial discount that we offer children's teams only applies to our standard rooms. We will be undertaking upgrades to all our standard rooms starting at the beginning of March. We also have Executive Class rooms that have been extensively renovated with all modern features and amenities.

Our lively pub is popular with many of the hockey parents as well as locals, and our central location suits business people and teams very well.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I travel for work about %50 of the time and have stayed in various accommodations all over Canada. Unfortunately this hotel was near the bottom of the list.

Staff was friendly and helpful but the regular rooms are dated and depressing with loud old heaters and polyester blankets. The location is central but the marine strip is better and has water views. You can get similarly priced rooms that are much nicer. This hotel is my last choice for a visit to Powell River.

Room Tip: The Executive rooms are nicer- they are like the online pictures- but are still not worth the price...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
#5 of 7 in Powell River
Beyond Bliss Suites
Beyond Bliss Suites
#1 of 19 in Powell River

Been to Town Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!