Myrtle Point Golf Club...
I'm about to leave one of the most beautiful spots I ever visited - Powell River, British Columbia - I've been here 17 times since 2005 visiting dear friends, and we always have time for a game of golf or two, Powell River has two very good golf courses, Myrtle Point with 18 holes and Nootka Dunes with 9, equally good but perhaps Nootka sometimes a little better - Myrtle Point after a rainy period can be two wet to play on, Nootka seldom is, it's located on higher ground and is situated closer to Powell River..
- Nevertheless, Myrtle Point is unsurpasable with it's beautiful greens, panoramic views towards Malaspina Strait facing Texada Island, Harwood Island and Vancouver Island with its snowy mountains, e.g. Mount Washington, the highest.
- Apart from being a wonderful golf course Myrtle Point has a lot to offer for wildlife-enthusiasts like me:..you might spot otters in the ponds and Great Blue Herons, deers, black bears, moose or elks..and baldheaded eagles soaring high above us all - keep your camcorder or camera ready
- You'll need a car to reach the 6-7 kilometers to Myrtle Point from Powell River, even though you might rely on the local public transportation at regular hours or, of course, taxies
- although, so far I never saw a golfer with his heavy golf bag getting off a bus at Myrtle Point, and I probably never will ;o)
- Happy Holiday, Powell River is an adventure to experience, the friendliest place I know
Suzanne Aagaard, retired tour-guide, Denmark
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.