“Excellent as always but sadly closing!”
Review of Eagles Landing Bistro - CLOSED

Eagles Landing Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I had a great wedding anniversary meal at this beautful location south of Powell River. The chicken Santa Fe and my wife's halibut and chips were delicious. Unfortunately we noticed on our way out a sign saying that they are closing at the end of July, 2014. What a shame - so all I can say is get there before they close!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wonderful location with amazing view. Service was prompt, food was served hot and in a timely fashion. The waitress was very personable. We sat on the deck and it was beautiful. Our friends had one of the pasta's and loved it - it was very flavorful. We began with a ceasar salad which was decent. For our entre, we had the seafood au gratin, which was o.k. but surprisingly bland.
This was our first visit to this restaurant and unfortunately there was nothing about it that would make it a must come back.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The service never seeme to improve. We have been there at least 5-6 times and the service seems to be decreasing. Maybe it's because of financial difficulties, we don't know. Items on the menu are often not available.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Went out for our 12th anniversary combined with my wife's birthday and thought we would give the Eagles Landing a shot. The first flag for us was the table that walked in after us got served before us. After a few minutes the server returned to take our order for appetizers and drinks which both came in a timely manner. The appies were great, nice and hot mushroom caps and a really good salad. Once we were done our plates were removed and on to the main course....So we thought....After 1 hour and 45 minutes had passed, and after watching three tables leave who came in after us, the waitress comes over to the table and asks if we had received our entrees yet? We said no we have been waiting patiently and were wondering where our food was... She offers me a glass of wine while I waited. about 15 minutes later she brings our main course and it was pretty obvious that they forgot our order and scrambled to put together our mains. The waitresses excuse for the over two hour wait for the food; "Medium well steaks take a while to cook." My wife looked at her seafood she ordered and was shocked to find that the halibut was still frozen cold in the middle, the prawns were pink on one side and still black on the other(Tiger prawns of all things...) and the scallops were mushy and un-cooked. We call the waitress back to address the issue and she brings the seafood back to the kitchen to be re cooked. After waiting another 10 minutes she returns with the seafood finally cooked and again no apology but offers to give her the meal on the house. Once our diner was done she says she is going to bring us a free dessert for the troubles which we felt was the least she could do for a 7 month pregnant woman on her birthday. After all said and done the bill comes and to our surprise she charged us for the full meals but took off the wine and the cake. I paid the bill and EVEN TIPPED!!! crazy me but I felt actually kind of bad for the waitress. We will never go back to this restaurant and spend our hard earned money on such terrible food

2  Thank IHosCulturalTours
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very pleasant surprise. We made a reservation and got the only table in a small room, away from the noiser pub crowd. Attentive, patient service (we took forever to order ... and they let us linger). Great food! Great value -- affordable wine.