We recently stayed at the Oceanfront Suites and were very impressed. Firstly, in the lobby was a large glass dispenser filled with iced water and lemon/lime slices - a very nice touch on the very hot day that we checked in there. The room was very clean and nicely renovated with laminate flooring (hooray! finally a room with no carpets!). The room split into two when you walked in - to the left was the kitchen and dining room area, and to the right was the bedroom. Both had tv's and sliding glass doors. We stayed on the 5th floor and the view of the marina was spectacular. The Suites are in a great location in relation to all the little shops and cafes - we spent the afternoon and the next morning shopping and checking out the sights. In particular, we ate at the Rock Cod Cafe for dinner: http://www.rockcodcafe.com/ which we discovered had recently been featured on the Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!"; and had ice-cream at Morning Mist Ice Cream (locally made, I understand).
There was no air-conditioner in our room and although we were worried at first (it was a REALLY hot day), we opened up our patio doors and the ocean breeze cooled off our room in no time. One other thing really made my husband and I chuckle - the bathroom had an unusually high toilet, and when we sat on it, our legs actually dangled! I've never had that happen before and I consider myself an average height at 5'6"!
Other than that, we would definitely recommend this area with it's vineyards and Oceanfront Suites in Cowichan Bay a nice little place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay is idyllically nestled in the Cowichan Valley, between Victoria and Nanaimo, in the seaside village of Cowichan Bay. With its eclectic collection of shops and restaurants and the wharves filled with, sail boats, fishing boats and floating homes it is one of the most picturesque, secret locations on Vancouver Island. The Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay offers 56 spacious suites, all facing the ocean. Each is equipped with a master bedroom, bathroom, and a comfortable living and dining area. Most are equipped with a complete kitchen. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure, romantic getaway, family vacation or a special wedding destination, The Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay can deliver in comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Suites At Cowichan Bay Hotel Cowichan Bay
- Oceanfront Grand Resort Marina
- Oceanfront Grand Hotel Marina
- Oceanfront Suites At Cowichan Bay Vancouver Island