My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at the Oceanfront Suites as an Anniversary getaway. We are both fairly familiar with Vancouver Island (both born & raised near Victoria, now retired in Qualicum Beach), but neither of us had been to Cowichan Bay before. What a beautiful little quaint village!! When we arrived at the hotel, the girls at the front desk were extremely pleasant & checked us in quickly. Got to our room & it was a beautiful patio suite - we walked out of the livingroom through a patio door onto a little lenai that overlooked the marina. There was a separate bedroom with a king size bed (bedroom also had access to the lenai with a patio door), a kitchenette, living room & a small bathroom. VERY comfortable & very clean. The Kitchenette also had dishes, cutlery & cups & glasses so one could easily cook a meal if they wanted to. The hotel is located at the end of the strip of businesses, so it is a lovely walk through the shops & village.
Weather was spectacular when we were there, and even though it was hot - our suite was very comfortable for relaxing & especially for sleeping. No fans or air conditioning, yet we were able to sleep very well.
Our stay included breakfast in the Terrain restaurant (located in the hotel on the 5th floor), and it was exceptional as well. Beautiful views of the marina & the bay, service was great & staff professional & very, very friendly.
The ONLY suggestion I had when checking out was they needed to add another mirror in the rooms. There is only the bathroom mirror & after a shower it takes a good 10 minutes for the steam to clear before one can see to comb their hair or apply makeup. The bathroom was small, but served the purpose.
I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing, quiet, memorable stay in a unique, magic little community.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay is idyllically nestled in the Cowichan Valley, between Victoria and Nanaimo, in the seaside village of Cowichan Bay. With its eclectic collection of shops and restaurants and the wharves filled with, sail boats, fishing boats and floating homes it is one of the most picturesque, secret locations on Vancouver Island. The Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay offers 56 spacious suites, all facing the ocean. Each is equipped with a master bedroom, bathroom, and a comfortable living and dining area. Most are equipped with a complete kitchen. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure, romantic getaway, family vacation or a special wedding destination, The Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay can deliver in comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Oceanfront Suites at Cowichan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Suites At Cowichan Bay Hotel Cowichan Bay
- Oceanfront Grand Resort Marina
- Oceanfront Grand Hotel Marina
- Oceanfront Suites At Cowichan Bay Vancouver Island