“What a great place”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wells
Comox, Canada
“What a great place”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I planned out summer vacation and we decided to go to Barkerville, we stayed at Hubs Motel and we were very impressed with the staff and owners who made us feel welcome. The motel was very clean with great rates. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anafleck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I spent most of a wonderful week at Hubs last week. The owners, Diane and Harald, are superb human beings. And while lacking in decor and amenities, the spacious rooms more than make up for that in their spotlessness and comfort. The beds are clean, tidy and oh so comfortable for those bear-like hiberations you will have. Friendly guests, a loveable cat and Diane's delectable chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies add to the wonderful atmosphere. Man, I wish I were there RIGHT NOW. I will definitely return. Right now, I am planning to hunker down at the Hubs immediately after my imminent lottery win so that I can plan the future. Diane and Harald and staff are so kind and accommodating to all guests. I can't rave enough. A rare treat in this impersonal world.

Room Tip: I don't think any one room is better than another.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank caperkate
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 kids aged 6&7. We stayed in one of the suites with a kitchen. The place was clean and comfy. There are a few dated things in the room, like slight staining in the tub, older counter tops and cupboards but it was very clean. There were a lot of little touches that made this an extra special place to stay. There is no cell service but there is wifi! There are only 3 tv channels but there are hundreds of DVD'a to choose from. There are always cookies (I think I ate 4 in our 2 nights we were there). There is a ping pong table set up and 2 other games you can play. The service was great. Don't forget to try the fish and chip place on the property, sooooo good :) We would defiantly recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lisanee
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have stayed at the Hubs Motel each summer for several years while attending the Artswells Festival. Dianne is a great ambassador and her cookies are such a nice touch. The fish and chips were really good. Really good. The accommodations are comfortable and spotlessly clean. The location is good. I really can't say anything negative about it. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank peggy56
Wiliams Lake, BC
Reviewed 7 August 2013

No hot tub, but the on-site fish and chips, run by Big H., are superb. More fish than batter; crisp and tasty. Dianne goes out of her way to make her guest comfortable, even found a cane for my husband to borrow when his went missing. I've stayed in Wells every summer for a decade, and wouldn't stay anywhere but The Hubs. Not fancy, but the hospitality (cookies every day; videos to borrow for free) and friendly atmosphere can't be beat by any five star hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have full kitchens, great if you are traveling with a family and need to cook. There aren...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our family was planning a trip to Barkerville and stayed at the Hubs Motel. We were immediately greeted and offered a homemade cookie and told that we could use any of the DVD's we wanted for the night. We found the rooms to be clean and very comfortable. Don't be turned off by the physical appearance, it is well aged, but also well taken care of. There is a large screen TV, DVD player for the free movies and, as we were in a kitchen unit, there was stove and fridge that appeared to be new. Best of all, the owners are attentive and will make your stay remarkable. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer...

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed at the Hubbs for 8 days in July 2013. It was a great experience. From the sinker tub to Dianne's cookies. The warm friendly atmosphere and reasonable prices will keep you coming back. Nestled in beautiful Wells, BC this IS the place to stay when you visit.

Room Tip: Ask to have the external lights turned off if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business