“Good, clean motel.”
Review of Hubs Motel

Hubs Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 11 September 2013

One night stay before starting the Bowron Lakes circuit. We were given a warm welcome by the Hubs Motel upon arrival. Lovely people, good beds, CLEAN room! Convenient across the street from Bear Paw's. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MFB41

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We've stayed here for 3 nights in Room 13 and enjoyed every minute. The warm welcome made us feel at home right away and the home baked cookies are fantastic. There are not many TV channels but free movies are available and a wonderful nature. There's no cell service and to us that was really great; there's a landline available if wanted or needed. The bed was very comfortable, the room very clean, flat screen TV, electric fireplace, fridge and you could make your hot water for some tea. This is the perfect place to visit Barkerville and to relax. The area is beautiful and we'll be back someday for sure. You'll get the best fish and chips on this property!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petra K
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We (4 adults) stayed here the night before we started the Bowron Lakes circuit. We were met with a warm, friendly smile and offered some delicious cookies. The room was very clean and beds were exceptionally comfy! Within walking distance of a great little restaurant across the street. Upon check out, were were given a bag full, I mean full, of more cookies for our trip! How thoughtful. Would stay here again and hight recommend you stay here too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank colinandroxanne
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I planned out summer vacation and we decided to go to Barkerville, we stayed at Hubs Motel and we were very impressed with the staff and owners who made us feel welcome. The motel was very clean with great rates. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank anafleck
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I spent most of a wonderful week at Hubs last week. The owners, Diane and Harald, are superb human beings. And while lacking in decor and amenities, the spacious rooms more than make up for that in their spotlessness and comfort. The beds are clean, tidy and oh so comfortable for those bear-like hiberations you will have. Friendly guests, a loveable cat and Diane's delectable chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies add to the wonderful atmosphere. Man, I wish I were there RIGHT NOW. I will definitely return. Right now, I am planning to hunker down at the Hubs immediately after my imminent lottery win so that I can plan the future. Diane and Harald and staff are so kind and accommodating to all guests. I can't rave enough. A rare treat in this impersonal world.

Room Tip: I don't think any one room is better than another.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank caperkate
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 kids aged 6&7. We stayed in one of the suites with a kitchen. The place was clean and comfy. There are a few dated things in the room, like slight staining in the tub, older counter tops and cupboards but it was very clean. There were a lot of little touches that made this an extra special place to stay. There is no cell service but there is wifi! There are only 3 tv channels but there are hundreds of DVD'a to choose from. There are always cookies (I think I ate 4 in our 2 nights we were there). There is a ping pong table set up and 2 other games you can play. The service was great. Don't forget to try the fish and chip place on the property, sooooo good :) We would defiantly recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lisanee
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have stayed at the Hubs Motel each summer for several years while attending the Artswells Festival. Dianne is a great ambassador and her cookies are such a nice touch. The fish and chips were really good. Really good. The accommodations are comfortable and spotlessly clean. The location is good. I really can't say anything negative about it. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends