“Very good lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Seahorses Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats, View
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a local Family owned lunch restaurant located on the water in Beautiful Brentwood Bay. We offer a diverse lunch menu with gluten friendly options, and a breakfast bun to satisfy you egg lovers out there. We cater to private events/functions, and are fully licensed making our picturesqu venue a perfect spot for your special event.
Victoria, BC
“Very good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

The seafood chowder was thick and fresh and perfectly seasoned, really delicious... it was just warm enough though, soup should be served hot so at least the first spoonfuls have to be cooled down to eat. My friend had the hash which he said was very tasty. It looked good, with poached eggs over nicely roasted potatoes, onions, and peppers, all topped with Bearnaise sauce. The service was prompt and friendly, and being on the wharf on a warm summer day was rather nice. Recommended.

• Visited July 2013

Brentwood Bay, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Food was fabulous and the view was equally as good. We were a large group and everybody was completely satisfied with their food and the service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food, love the location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

The food was good. I had a ribeye steak with mushrooms and potatoes. It was a little over cooked and under seasoned. I think that if I pay $34 for a steak, it should be cooked perfectly. Everything else was really good! My husband liked his burger and the deserts were amazing. The apple pie was delicious. The hedgehog desert was the best desert I have had in a long time. It was sooooooo good! Waitress was very nice also. Beautiful view of the marina.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Catch of the day was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Four of us had just finished three hours of kayaking on Brentwood Bay and were thirsty and famished. We settled in on the patio with a view of the harbour. Good beer on tap, but as designated driver, I wanted a Diet Coke...no diet pop, all out....no, out of non-alcoholic beer too, as it turned out. Finally, server came up with a flat bottle of Coke Zero. And her description of soup of the day changed from mushroom to broccoli on second recitation. No matter. The chowder was wonderful, and the catch of the day was steelhead trout, two big pieces served up in non-greasy beer batter with big chips. Very reasonably priced for the quality of food and the ambience.

Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food is fresh and great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I heard about the Seahorse Cafe that was a close place to get a bite to eat next to our hotel. Its a 2 min walk from the Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa. We walked down and saw a super cute small Cafe right on the docks. We walked inside and the place was very small but very well kept and it looked updated and cozy. They had a dessert window right as you enter and it looked scrumptious.
We sat down next to a wood fire stove that was beautiful. We had a view of the bay with the boats in the water. Our waitress was so friendly and she took care of us beyond our expectations. She got to know that I love strong coffee and she made me a cup that was not your regularcup of Joe. So sweet and very delicious!
I ordered the eggs benadicte and my husband ordered the BLT. Both were amazing. I hate, I repeat HATE eggs benadicte in general, but this changed my outlook on the dish. It was unbelieveable. The chef made a sauce that was the smoothest thing I ever tasted! And talk about presentation! Super gorgeous and clean. I had a bite of the blt and the bacon was thick cut and crisp. We then got dessert. The hedgehog that was a super rich hot chocolate cake ball rolled in ground hazelnuts served with vanilla icecream, and the carrot cake was so rich and moist. Both equally delicious!
Had a wonderful time and will definetly be going back. They're open Thursday through Monday's from what I know, but wish it was 7 days a week! Super great and reccomend highly!
P.S. when our waitress found out we were on our honeymoon, she put on romantic music just for the two of us. Talk about service!

• Visited April 2013