Brentwood Lighthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Western 66 Motel(Central Saanich)
View Hotel
All reviewsbutchart gardensb bminutes drive awayamazing hostsenjoyed our stayvictoria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Absolutely LOVED this delightful B&B and the wonderful owners and hosts, Nancy and Alan! We had a perfectly wonderful stay and feel that we have made two new friends in the process! The Brentwood Lighthouse is lovely on all levels - beautiful property with fabulous view of Brentwood Bay, the rooms are pristine and beautifully appointed and the bathrooms offer superb soaker tub/shower! The real gems of this diamond property are the hosts, Nancy and Alan. Very kind, pleasant and enjoyable folks who truly care about making your stay memorable! We are looking forward to coming back again... and soon!!

Room Tip: Both rooms are the same and offer lovely views of the bay. A tad more privacy in the north side room. BTW... there is no "fitness center" as my rating may indicate... wonderful strolls and walks along the marina suffice nicely!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Due to unfortunate air delays, instead of arriving around 4:30 pm on Wednesday, we arrived at 1:00 am the next morning. I called Nancy and Alan, as soon as I knew our plans were changing, to let them know of our misadventures and they took it in stride. We rented a car at the airport and had no trouble finding the B & B with the GPS. We awoke the next morning (or rather later that morning) to find a beautiful view of Brentwood Bay out our window. Nancy and Alan are wonderful hosts and are very knowledgeable about the area. The rooms (we stayed in both rooms, one when we arrived and the other when we came back from the west coast of Vancouver Island) were very clean and comfortable. They did have coffee and tea fixings in the rooms but we didn't use them. There is also a small fridge if you need it. Each room has it's own outside door as well as an inside door leading upstairs to the main part of the house where you will eat breakfast. Be sure to spend a little time just relaxing on their secluded back patio with the koi pond. The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful, something different everyday and always delicious. We spent time each morning talking with Nancy and Alan while we ate breakfast. They are delightful hosts and always gave us good advice regarding where to visit and where to eat. They even made restaurant reservations for us. Butchart Gardens is very close and absolutely worth a visit. Be sure to go back at night to see the Gardens lit and ask Nancy and Alan about the summertime evening entertainment at the Gardens. There is also a Butterfly Gardens nearby with resident tortoises, parrots, turtles, canaries, and flamingoes, which you might miss if all you look for are the butterflies. Victoria was only about 25 minutes away and we spent a day at the Inner Harbor and also rented bikes and rode along the Galloping Goose trail. We would absolutely stay here again and have no trouble recommending this delightful B&B.

Room Tip: Only two rooms, but both are exceptional. Area is quiet and beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

A pleasant meet and greet by Nancy and Alan set us up for a great stay. Their friendly and professional manner; Nancy's special blueberry pancakes and real maple syrup will be long remembered. We spent two glorious days and with Alan's helpful directions we visited the Butchart Gardens twice. Re-entry the next day cost us just $3.50 well worth it from the B&B. Will definitely stay there again. They even kindly took us back to Victoria to connect with our ferry.

Thank you Nancy and Alan for a great stay.

Hilary and Peter

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary E
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was my first B&B experience and I traveled alone. After the hosts picked me up from the airport we traveled through winding roads to their beautiful seaside home. I was amazed at the quality and beauty of this B&B which was only surpassed by the charming and supportive hosts, Nancy and Alan. My room was modern, clean and comfortable and the bed was especially luxurious. I enjoyed the deep soaker bath and the quiet comfort. As to the breakfasts, Nancy made kind efforts to meet my unique dietary needs where possible and the meals where delicious. I felt so welcome and so taken care of. I enjoyed the sitting area in the backyard where small birds visited to bathe and scenery transported me away from my thoughts. For 6 days, I walked to the Butchart Gardens- I am a garden lover, to drink in the healing of such floral splendor.  I also walked to the Brentwood bay area to have the freshest mussels that I have ever eaten in my life! I am totally ruined now to go to any other B&B I am sure, and I will return  again and again to Brentwood Lighthouse as this was the most restful holiday of my life.  Thank you to both of you!   Bobbi- Edmonton, Alberta.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Luella room but both are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Excellent location for visiting the gardens especially if will be staying late for fireworks. We were traveling with husband's son so had both of their rooms. Wonderful views. Large clean room and bathrooms with comfortable beds. Rooms had small fridge, coffee machine. Wonderful breakfast with fresh fruit and yogurt, muffins, frittata with tomatoes and spinach, sausage and bacon and whole grain toast as well as coffee, tea, juice. Alan and Nancy were very gracious hosts. Would definitely stay here again or recommend to friends. Outdoor garden area was very relaxing place to sit and read book.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple