“Overnight medical stay”
Review of Western 66 Motel

Western 66 Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Central Saanich
Western 66 Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Victoria, Canada
“Overnight medical stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Reservation met on time, short stay in satisfactory quarters, will return. Ideal spot for a one night stopover including proximity to White Spot for meals. Close to San Pen Hospital and M.D.'s office in Sidney.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Love that we can leave our car here while we fly! Close to Airport and very convenient. Very good for us to travel from Duncan and stay overnight so we can make an early flight and leave our care there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BabeVancouverIsland

Travellers are raving about these Central Saanich hotels

Calgary
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We found this motel on our way to Vancouver Island’s west coast after departing the ferry. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room that they provided us with was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms were nice and there are ample restaurants and stores in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rustic-Ranger
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for - unfortunately there were loud banging pipes all night long. Best way to describe it - " its a room" this hotel is in a serious need of an update - time for new carpet and Lino.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Elana1227
Parksville, B.C.
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had to be close to the Island View Beach Regional Park for a family outing, and there are 3 or 4 hotels/motels 5 minutes from the park. After searching prices and reviews, we decided on the Western 66. We just needed a place for the night. If you are looking for the extras, holiday style type place, i.e. pool, complimentary breakfast, etc., this is not it, that will cost you more. We had Room 35 on the ground floor at the back, and I do not remember any traffic noise. The room was not large, but totally adequate for the two double beds. They had the same patterned bedspreads I have seen in dozens of motels over the years, ha ha, but not worn. The bathroom had a stand-up shower, no tub, so maybe ask if you want a tub, and there was no coffee maker or hair dryer. However, the room was clean, did not look old, newer TV on wall, and there was a fridge and microwave, yay!. The coffee in hotel rooms is generally terrible anyway so when we travel by car, we always bring our own coffee maker and coffee, cream/sugar/spoons/cups, which works super well. There is decent coffee available in the lobby till noon in any case and if you need a hair dryer, all you have to do is ask. I didn't have to use heat or air, so can't comment on that, I had the window open. Beds are decent, but when people say the beds are comfy, I can't say that, I find them too hard everywhere. There is a White Spot immediately next door, so very convenient. And McDonalds, Tim Hortons just down the way. We had no complaints, I had no trouble with WiFi, and would come back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anniemary58
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Victoria budget hotels are known for problems with noisy guests which for me is an issue. I’ve stayed at this motel a few times now and it’s my choice when visiting Victoria. Nothing fancy here but it fits my criteria for accommodation: 1) it’s quiet, 2) its clean 3) it’s not expensive. The Western 66 is a little ways from downtown Victoria (about 15-20 minutes) which if you’re from a big city like me that’s not an issue and there’s lots of good dining choices in Sidney which is only 5 minutes away. It’s your standard budget motel, the rooms are a little dated, looks like they’re from the 1980s, but are always clean and the beds are comfy. My only issue is that the Wi-Fi is almost non-existent; you have to reconnect every few minutes and its very sloooow!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank PNWtrek
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Western 66 recently. It was very clean, especially the shower. Nice little room, quiet (though this could have been the quiet season; we were on the top floor too). Bathroom is very close to the bed, however, there is a sliding door that separates the two places so it wasn't really a problem. The room was quite small, but comfy. There was no coffee maker, but coffee was available in the lobby for when you wanted it. There was no hairdryer in the room, but I just asked for one and it was supplied (same with an extra pillow). The owner was very friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced overnight stay, this can't be beat. Oh yes, and the bed was super comfortable (I think it was a Serta Perfect Sleeper). I'll be staying here again, for sure.

There's a White Spot next door, which serves great food.

Room Tip: If you need a hair dryer or extra pillow, etc., just ask for it at the front desk