“I'm Embarrassed to Say, I Stayed There Twice!”

Super 8 Saanichton Victoria Airport
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Richmond, Canada
“I'm Embarrassed to Say, I Stayed There Twice!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

In June my dad was hospitalized at Saanich Peninsula Hospital. My son and I traveled to visit him and booked a room at the Super 8 motel ONLY because it is just a few blocks from the hospital. The room was very modest and it was not particularly clean but, in a near-emergency, it was acceptable. The two of us occupied the room for a few short hours. The breakfast was fine - nothing fancy. Parking was adequate.
Sadly, a short time after our first trip, I returned to Vancouver Island with other family members and we attended my dad's funeral. We chose to stay at the Super 8 again because of location (only). The room rate was also a factor also. I warned the uninitiated family members that the motel is old and in a state of disrepair. I don't think my warning was adequate - all five of my family members were surprised at the state of the motel. Perhaps the most upsetting aspect of the second stay is that when my sister asked someone at the front desk to print out a document that she planned to share at the memorial service, the front desk clerk told her that the printer was ONLY for use by the motel. The desk clerk knew what the document was and she would not print out my sister's contribution to the memorial service. This is beyond cheap. It shows a lack of compassion and respect for a guest.
Frankly, i think Super 8 should take a look at this motel and should insist on improvements if the owner wants to retain the branding. We have stayed at the Super 8 Aldergrove location and it is a much, much better motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VancouverLove2travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel was old, which doesn't matter if it's clean. This one was not. There was dirt all around the table legs, wall corners, etc. It had been cleaned, just not that well. The bed was not at all comfortable, basically it just felt old. The screen was missing from the window, some windows had them, I saw one window that had one but it was bent and barely staying on.
When I checked out I asked the clerk if the CC hold would be taken off, she didn't even look up and said 'Yeah yeah' as if it was a bother. She just kept on doing what she was doing. And there was no one else in the lobby, it seemed whatever she was doing was certainly more important than the customer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Central Saanich hotels

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you're seeking outstanding service, and lots of amenities, you should not be looking at Super 8. This motel had what I wanted: a good location, comfy beds, a working shower with great water pressure, and pleasant staff who all said hello.
Our flight arrived in Victoria around midnight. The motel was less than 10 minutes from the airport, just off the primary highway. We arrived, and promptly slept....soundly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Victoria
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The rooms were not clean. Crap all over the very stained rug. Dirt on the bathroom floor, bathroom walls and tub. Brown stains on the bedcover. Bathroom bulb was burnt out and they said they'd change it later in the day. Tough to use the sink and mirror without a light. Cheap but next time I'd rather pay more for cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2014
Pender Island, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice clean, quiet facility. The young man on the front desk was very helpful and pleasant. No problems at all. We will stay here on our next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Duncan, British Columbia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Not fancy but clean and quiet; Very convenient to Victoria International Airport. Was particularly impressed with the person I spoke to on the phone when making the reservations and arranging to leave our vehicle while we were away. Also, the staff at check-in was very friendly and accommodating - she ordered our cab for the early early morning pick-up and when we left, provided us with some "muffins and juice to go" because the breakfast wasn't being served that early.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria Elk Lake
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Saanichton Victoria Airport? Share your experiences!